Am I the only one who eats OATMEAL every single day!!??!

I literally have eaten a bowl of oatmeal every single day whether be breakfast lunch or even dinner since i have started this lifestyle journey (since June 2017) It's like i can't get tired of it, i literally crave it all the time, (even now after just eating it) My husband is dumbfounded and asks how i do it and never get tired of it.. It's just so good and a addiction and i've seen amazing results in and on my body so why stop!?!? it tastes like banana nut bread which is a plus!

Replies

• Healthyhunny231567
    Healthyhunny231567 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I loveee oatmeal!! I eat it for breakfast almost every morning! :)
  • lhaasdav
    lhaasdav Posts: 1 Member
    I'm certainly not addicted to oatmeal but I eat it most days of the week for breakfast. It's good for you so I wouldn't worry about it to much.
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    It doesn't fill me up enough unless I eat alot of it so I eat it maybe a couple times a month.
  • Sparkeysworld
    Sparkeysworld Posts: 107 Member
    edited March 2018
    I eat it every day, sometimes twice a day whilst bulking (6 months of the year) with 2 scoops of Myprotein natural chocolate protein powder in and almond milk, it just shoves on so much weight for me, then again I have like 1000-1200 calories worth at a time :D
    However whilst cutting I leave it alone, I daren't even buy any and bring it home lol.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    I eat oatmeal every day too. I put a Tbsp of each flax meal, hemp hearts and pumpkin seeds plus a handful of blueberries and almond milk. Soooo good. Fills me up til lunch.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited March 2018
    I get it- I've had a piece or two of string cheese almost every day for two years now. I'm all about flexible eating and making sure you get a variety of food, but when you find something that works, especially in the AM, there's no need to mix it up just for the sake of mixing things up. Oatmeal's never done it for me, but good for you finding what works for you! Congratulations on your loss so far!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I eat oatmeal sometimes. I don't feel that enthusiastic about it.
    I eat zucchini or spinach more often than oatmeal.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    It doesn't fill me up enough unless I eat alot of it so I eat it maybe a couple times a month.

I have to add protein and a bit of fat for my oatmeal to have any real staying power. Steel cut oats made with 2% milk and fruit....yum.

I really like that oats provide both soluble & insoluble fiber too.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    I eat it once in awhile because it makes me feel full for hours. But its certainly not a favorite of mine. Its a texture thing.

And congrats on losing weight, but it has nothing to do with oatmeal and coffee and everything to do with eating at a calorie deficit.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    I don't find oatmeal satisfying or tasty. I eat McMann's plain instant Irish oatmeal maybe once or twice a month, sweetened with Splenda or Stevia, and I am also using Fair Life 2% milk to cook it because it has more protein. But I still have to have some cottage cheese or Fage with fruit on the side or I will very hungry in a couple of hours.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited March 2018
    Depends what you add to it. Lately I have been craving savory oatmeal with cheese, sausage crumbles and some sauteed vegetables and some salsa and avocado at times. I also like it with crunchy peanut butter and bananas.
  • kazane1
    kazane1 Posts: 264 Member
    I’m a daily oatmeal eater too,it’s too good and has so many variations you can have with it that it makes it hard to go a day with out it haha!
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    I eat it almost daily :P I like soaking it overnight - usually in milk, sometimes yogurt, and maybe add a bit of fruit and protein powder to it
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    I go through phases where I do (including lately), but then I get bored with it and change my breakfast. I seem to eat the same thing for breakfast for a few months and then change.

I get it, though. Oatmeal is a total comfort food for me and something I crave when sick (I'm finicky about texture and only really like steel cut, though, although I can do any kind and it's a nice staple when traveling since most hotel breakfasts seem to have it).