Anyone else feel like 1200 cals is alot

Options

Replies

• Shortie0987
    Shortie0987 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    And to those of you that asked I'm 5'2 and currently 224lbs.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day, it really does, and of course also what you eat - some low calorie foods are healthier than others. I hope you continue to eat your allowance and not feel hungry. Good luck to you.
  • tar2323
    tar2323 Posts: 141 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Try it for two years in a row. It's not a lot.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I usually have 1200 calories in the evening alone

Do you exercise a lot?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    I usually have 1200 calories in the evening alone

Do you exercise a lot?

Active job. When I got close to 1500 calories I found it was unsustainable for me.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I agree that 1200 is not a lot of food and you should probably be eating more, but without weighing your food it's hard to know how much you are eating now. Your diary has a lot of measurements in cups, "one large", "0.5 potato" etc. I suggest tightening up your logging first.

It also sounds like a good idea to reach out to your treatment team.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am currently on 1200 cal diet and here is my issue. I am having a hard time meeting 1200 a day it seems like a lot of food. Most days I come in 100 to 200 cals under. I am trying to lessen that and only came in about 58 under yesterday. How worried do I need to be about this, I don't want to hinder my weight loss by eating too little but some days it's a lot and I dont want to just fill with empty cals. Like candy and such. Anyone else have this problem and have u still lost weight even if u are abit short some days?

1270 is not enough for me, so I swim hard and a lot so I can eat more food.