Depression and Stress

Options
I'm just curious how Depression and Stress affect your weight loss.

I've noticed in the past that both seemed to speed mine alone; however, this time around the scale keeps climbing no matter how much I exercise, eat, or hydrate.

It's becoming quite frustrating.

I'd love to have more people in my corner. Please comment and if you like, add me.

-R

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Depression and stress cause me to want to eat more. Depending on how severe it is, it may make me cease to care at all about weight loss or dieting. Like two years ago, when my husband got very sick and almost died. You think I cared about how much I weighed during that time? Nope.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Makes me want to eat and eat, especially ice cream, caffiene, and chips and chocolate. It also makes it VERY hard for me to have any motivation, I'm just run down, and feeling blah. I have to fight through all that to be successful, the REASON I'm doing this is to manage my depression and anxiety. It is so helpful in being stable with my moods and emotions.
  • Becky1971
    Options
    Double post
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Makes me want to eat and eat, especially ice cream, caffiene, and chips and chocolate. It also makes it VERY hard for me to have any motivation, I'm just run down, and feeling blah. I have to fight through all that to be successful, the REASON I'm doing this is to manage my depression and anxiety. It is so helpful in being stable with my moods and emotions.

Same as me.
    when I can exercise and get moving it does help.

Good Luck.
  • curlysue06
    curlysue06 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater. 4 years ago I lost tonnnnnnnnnnnnns of weight and then within that year someone close to me died. I hid my emotions, but i hid them in food- HORRIBLE. Now, that i recognized i'm an emotional eater, i fight it. I've lost 15lbs so far and going strong. Hang in there! You'll bounce right back!
  • rosalee87
    rosalee87 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I have anxiety and depression and when it sets in, I lose weight - fast! I can't stand to eat anything 'cus the entire time through that period my stomach turns and I'm always nauseated - but it's different for everyone.
  • JenGiltner
    Options
    i eat and sleep when I am depressed. Its very hard to get past it. That is why I gained ten pounds. My husband went to prison about two years ago and I lost close to 40 pounds. I can feel it coming back because I just recently gained ten pounds and want it off. Please help me someone.
  • Becky1971
    Options
    Thats how I was most of my life, couldn't eat a thing when dealing with stress and depression. But the last ten years things changed. Sometimes I wish it was still the case, but Really I just try to manage the way I should. eat when I need to eat, and not eat when I shouldn't. I really try to not let emotions determine when and what I eat.
    I have anxiety and depression and when it sets in, I lose weight - fast! I can't stand to eat anything 'cus the entire time through that period my stomach turns and I'm always nauseated - but it's different for everyone.