Am I the only one who eats OATMEAL every single day!!??!

Options
13»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal but I don't eat it every day. Chocolate, salad, and yogurt are the main things I eat daily.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I ate oatmeal 6 days a week for a year and now the thought of it makes me nauseous.
  • Saaski
    Saaski Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Uh, well, my profile picture is literally my oatmeal recipe! It's pretty much my breakfast everyday. It's nice, because it helps me go to bed knowing I have something to look forward to in the morning.
  • SalinitySally
    SalinitySally Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    My breakfast every weekday is 1/3 cup of oatmeal cooked in water with berries or raisins, no sugar. I'd consider using peanut butter powder, though. I use milk in my coffee so I don't cook my oatmeal in milk. It doesn't bloat me and holds me over until my late morning banana. My other breakfast options require too much thought or have too much sugar/too little protein.
  • fuzzy_l0gic
    fuzzy_l0gic Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    nope. Although I'm not as adventurous as you. 1/2 cup of regular oats and 1 packet of maple and brown sugar. I know the packets aren't the "healthiest", but if I try to sweeten it myself, I always over do it
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I recall disliking oatmeal as a kid. I think that's because my mom would buy the instant packs so my siblings and I could easily make our own. I didn't like the texture of those. And even back then, they didn't fill me up at all, just made me hungrier.

I got into old fashioned oats as an adult. I'll go through phases when I have it often and then many months when I don't have it at all. The two ways that fill me up best are with some milk and peanut butter stirred in, or with salt, butter, and 1 or 2 fried eggs on top. The latter is my favorite.

I think it's great that you've found a meal you enjoy and that's helping you lose weight! :) Those favorite staples make it easy to keep going.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Not every day. I don't sleep well if I go to bed hungry. A small bowl of plain oatmeal fills me up and warms me up on cold winter nights. It doesn't make me want more. Just a few calories added for a lot of happy gained.
  • J_Fairfax
    J_Fairfax Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup oats ,1 Lg banana, Cinnamon, Spoon of crunchy Peanut Butter , its very filling and so good. i even put a tbs of honey sometimes :-) try it this way! it's BOMBALICIOUS

Yeah this is how I have mine, sometimes without the peanut butter, sometimes with honey, sometimes with raisins as well

It’s so damn good
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Arguably most of the world's population relies on a porridge of grains in water as their main source of sustenance given the cost so no I'd say you are not unique to eat oatmeal daily.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, cinnamon, fake maple syrup. Sometimes put in some flaxseed. Once in a while a pat of butter and/or sugar if I am not caring.
  • MisterDale235
    MisterDale235 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Every morning for the last 4 years. It's my favorite breakfast food.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Quaker Oats thanks you for your service.