Who follows Keto!!

Options
Hello my name is Adrienne and I've had huge success with following a keto diet so far losing 25lb. If your looking for support or wanna join me in a supportive environment drop me a line, cheers!

Replies

• HdezJ
    HdezJ Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    What's up Adrienne! Keep it up. No lie, when I got married 2 yrs ago I went from 160 to 190 in 2 months. Then I saw a video about keto and jumped on the train. I lost 30 lbs in 3 months! Now I gained some of the weight back but I'm starting strong again as of this past Monday
  • Solomino
    Solomino Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am new here, well actually I was here a few years ago but jumped off the wagon. I'm back and doing Keto for 6 weeks now. I am trying to keep strong in my resolve to lose 50 lbs. I have lost 13 lbs so far. I struggle with never feeling well after I eat though which makes this way of eating difficult for me. I am so happy to be back on the bandwagon though. I have set short term goals for myself. First goal, fit into summer clothes for an upcoming trip to Cuba in April. Here goes nothing. I would love some love and support because this is not easy for me. My life is very difficult and I will share more about that at a later date. Thanks for listening.
  • Aydree16
    Aydree16 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work guys...pinterest is amazing for different yummy keto recipes I am faithful to it and tracking daily.
  • Kcash1996
    Kcash1996 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Is keto pretty much just low carb and high fat?
  • graciemaherx
    graciemaherx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do hun! :) X
  • Aydree16
    Options
    Is keto pretty much just low carb and high fat?

Yes it is...if you want to achieve ketosis you need to keep your carbs to 50g or less moderate protein and high fat.
  • LMT236psu
    LMT236psu Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do!
  • genjuro99
    genjuro99 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started ..feel free to add me for support..
  • SMJohnson27
    SMJohnson27 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting back. Went Primal in 2011 and loved it, but a busy lifestyle over the last couple years has caused me to fall off the wagon. Feel free to add me!
  • Aydree16
    Options
    Yea I have been really strict for the past month but I average 30g of carbs and when checking urine I'm in ketosis moderately most of the time
  • Chicken1332
    Chicken1332 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I used to live off of cereal, yogurts, granola and pop tarts. Wasn't a big deal until 40 started creeping up on me. Blammo!!!! 30lbs fat arms, legs and butt... So, I started keto and so far so good!! I am keeping my carbs low, breading my chicken thighs with pork rinds to go on top of cauliflower rice...., and It's working! 12lbs GONE! The only thing I don't have is support. So here I am. Let's lose more weight and get buff!!!
  • piercedanatomy
    piercedanatomy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've done low carb off and on many times. Most recently I was low carb for approximately5 months and lost 25 lbs. Recently I jumped on keto a few weeks ago once I realized my fitness pal would calculate the macros for me. Currently my weight loss is at 32 lbs. I have 30-40 left to go.
  • LeslePG
    LeslePG Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I just started!!
  • Hipshimmy
    Hipshimmy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m turning 50 so it’s about time I lose the 30lbs of baby weight (ummm..babies are both in college now) plus hormones are really making me crazy plus I think I’m gearing up for a successful mid-life crisis! Did low carb inconsistently which failed. Facing reality that keto will be required for me to make changes. Apparently it’s no longer 1985 and I can’t just drink Tab for a few days to lose weight. Tracking, just started, am keeping net carbs below 50 with the plan to take it to 20 within the week. Doing full rehab on my life so this isn’t short term for me. I really want to create a sustainable way of eating that has me at my best self.
    Am already impressed by this group! Happy Easter everyone. We can do this.
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Monday will be a month. Only bailed out of Ketosis twice in a month. Typically between 25 and 40 carbs a day. Lost 13 pounds in just under the month. Blood sugar levels have improved a lot. (Type 2). Cravings are minimal. So far so good.
  • talls
    talls Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keto woe here. Anyone else want to add me?
  • gessiesbad23
    gessiesbad23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im looking to start just a little stuck on where to start anyone willing to give me some tips on how to start id greatly appreciate it
  • msbarnes3760
    msbarnes3760 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm starting tomorrow! Again.. lost 12 pounds in the first two weeks then felll off the wagon.. in serious need of motivation!
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I've been on and off a couple months, but when I'm sticking to it results are great. More importantly it's entirely curbed my craving for alcohol! It's also very helpful with my menopause symptoms, I'm not on any hormone replacement and just dealing with the headaches moodiness hot flashes. ..this way of eating seriously helps.