Samsung Health and MyFitnessPal apps

Options
They are showing that they are connected but my steps are not showing in the My Fitness Pal app. Did I miss another step to connect them?

Replies

• babysaffy
    babysaffy Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You have to enable read and write options to let the apps know which information you want to share.

I ended up disconnecting the apps as I couldn't get it right and somehow it would count some exercises twice on both so I find it easier to just manually log onto both apps now.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm on the app, if I go to the left hand column, as I scroll down, I see steps. Click on it and choose your preferred step option...hope that helps.
  • susanliber2628
    susanliber2628 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I connected also to Map My Walk and neither of them seem to report to My fitness Pal. My Samsung health will not connect to Map my Walk either. Oh well, have to do it the old fashioned way if my apps won't talk to each other.
  • mikejay38
    mikejay38 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think something has happened today as both mine and my wifes samsung health have stopped syncing with mfp about 3hrs ago. Maybe mfp are doing an update or could be something to do with the data breach?
  • Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Connecting Samsung devices can be quite complicated.
    As has been said before, you need to enable proper read/write permissions in Samsung Health app, which aren't that easy to find, and also set Samsung HEalt as your default step counting option in MFP settings.
  • latham08
    latham08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Samsung device and myfitnesspal have been connected for years, counting steps without issue... Until a few days ago. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the MyFitnessPal hack that occurred a few days ago also. You can read more about it in the alerts... It doesn't mention the syncing issues. However the timing is coincidental.
  • Meelisv
    Options
    Most likely not. Other devices seem to sync fine at least. Might be some backend issue with Samsung devices though.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Fitbit stopped syncing today as well
  • Meelisv
    Options
    My Garmin seems to be syncing fine at least.
  • domgirl
    domgirl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Mine has stopped too. :(
  • TehNerdRealm
    TehNerdRealm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Samsung Health isn't connecting up to MyFitnessPal either. It just randomly stopped for some reason and now I get an error when I go to the "steps" tab
  • domgirl
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My Samsung Health isn't connecting up to MyFitnessPal either. It just randomly stopped for some reason and now I get an error when I go to the "steps" tab

Yep exactly what i get too.
  • domgirl
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Very frustrating
  • sublimezm
    sublimezm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you are having trouble syncing, (like I did), make sure and disconnect everything on your phone. Then come into the online home screen by logging in on a computer. Sync it through the computer and then dont touch it on your phone anymore. The steps between phone tracking and the watch (if you use a gearfit2 for example) will always be slightly off due to the tracking in both, and not having your phone or watch at the same time for parts of the day. But the calorie adjustment will always be +/-100 calories which is pretty darn accurate.

Mine did stop working yesterday, but apparently there are issues with the step trackers of all brands since their maintenance on the server as of 3/30. Hopefully they fix it soon
  • domgirl
    edited April 2018
    Options
    sublimezm wrote: »
    If you are having trouble syncing, (like I did), make sure and disconnect everything on your phone. Then come into the online home screen by logging in on a computer. Sync it through the computer and then dont touch it on your phone anymore. The steps between phone tracking and the watch (if you use a gearfit2 for example) will always be slightly off due to the tracking in both, and not having your phone or watch at the same time for parts of the day. But the calorie adjustment will always be +/-100 calories which is pretty darn accurate.

Mine did stop working yesterday, but apparently there are issues with the step trackers of all brands since their maintenance on the server as of 3/30. Hopefully they fix it soon

Hopefully its just while its down then. I dont get the confusion with both phone and gear steps cause i pause phone steps and just use gear steps ;) works perfect. Without having double the amount. Just cant wait for it to start syncing again
  • sublimezm
    sublimezm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    domgirl wrote: »

Hopefully its just while its down then. I dont get the confusion with both phone and gear steps cause i pause phone steps and just use gear steps ;) works perfect. Without having double the amount. Just cant wait for it to start syncing again

How do you pause phone steps? I'm on the galaxys8
  • domgirl
    Options
    domgirl wrote: »

How do you pause phone steps? I'm on the galaxys8

Same. Tap on the steps, select mobile goto the top where 3 dots are, and then select pause steps then go back to the bit where u select phone and select gear. And there u have it :)
  • domgirl
    Options
    Dont know if its back up and running but ive just unlinked apps and uninstalled mfp and then restarted everything aswell as my phone and steps are back. In on samsung 8 with gear sport and hasnt been working since Saturday but is now.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Mine's not working since saturday, either. Getting the sync to work with these apps and the Gear S3 watch is always fiddly. I tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting, didn't try uninstall. What a pain if that's required.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Mine's not working since saturday, either. Getting the sync to work with these apps and the Gear S3 watch is always fiddly. I tried disconnecting everything and reconnecting, didn't try uninstall. What a pain if that's required.

It's not required. In fact, MFP is asking that people *not* do this while they're working on the issue.