Options

Replies

• AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Minestrone soup

5 cups veggie broth

4 cups tomato juice/ or one can tom sauce

1 tbls. basil ( I use fresh chopped, from my herb garden)

1/4 teaspoon pepper

2 medium carrots

2 medium celery

1 medium onion

1 cup mushrooms/ or potatoes

2 garlic cloves minced

1 can diced tomatoes, I cut up one tomato

1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta

1 can beans your choice

Put everything except noodles in crock pot for 6 hours on high, add noodles in about 30 min before serving. Enjoy!

That sounds so good!
  • naycha75
    naycha75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • kellieprindle
    kellieprindle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am throwing together a crockpot meal that I will share if it turns out good. It has Hillshire Farm Hardwood Smoked Chicken Sausage, some veggies, pineapple, and an oriental-like sauce. I just added brown rice and if all goes well, it will have 359 calories for a HUGE portion size! :bigsmile:

1628192.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    i love my crockpot ill def be looking back for more ideals!!!
  • kellieprindle
    kellieprindle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Sweet and Sour Sausage

1 (14oz pkg) Hillshire Farm Chicken Sausage
    1 (8oz) can pineapple chunks with juice
    5 oz baby carrots, quartered lengthwise
    1 (12oz pkg) frozen 3 pepper and onion blend vegetables
    1/4 cup dark brown sugar
    1 Tablespoon soy sauce
    1 chicken bouillon cube
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    1 teaspoon fresh ginger root (or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger)
    1/4 cup water
    1 cup cooked brown rice

Combine all ingredients except rice and cook on low 4 hours. Add rice and cook another hour. You can thicken liquid with some cornstarch and water, but I skip that step.

Makes 4 HUGE portions for 359 calories per serving

1628192.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • rdmchugh
    rdmchugh Posts: 76
    Options
    My Husband's FAVORITE slow cooker meal:

Clean Eating Herb Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
    Adapted for slow cooker and to be gluten free from http://thejoyofcleaneating.com/recipes/clean-eating-herb-roasted-chicken-and-vegetables/

Ingredients:
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
    1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
    Sea salt and pepper to taste
    6 cloves garlic, peeled but left whole
    1 pound small new potatoes, sliced in half
    1 small yellow onion, halved and sliced
    1 small package baby carrots
    8 ounces mushrooms (left whole if small or cut in half if big, I slice mine with a mushroom slicer)
    2 boneless skinless chicken breasts halves (butterflied) (or a combination of breasts and thighs)
    1 cup chicken stock (I use low sodium)
    1-2 tablespoon corn starch mixed with 2-3 tablespoons cold water to get a “milk” consistency (depending on how thick you like your gravy)

Preparation:
    In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, rosemary and thyme.
    Toss the vegetables with half the herb mixture
    Place vegetables in slow cooker
    Arrange chicken over the vegetables and cover with remaining herb mixture
    Cook 6-8 hours on low.
    Transfer the chicken to a serving platter. Cut the butterflied pieces of chicken in half so you have 4 pieces.
    Pour vegetables into a colander with a bowl underneath to capture the stock from the slow cooker.
    In a small pan on the stove top, add stock, broth and corn starch mixture
    Stir over medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until slightly thickened.
    Pour over the chicken and vegetables.
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I made the easiest (low-calorie) taco soup before getting in bed last night. I just threw in canned pinto beans, black beans, corn, salsa, and taco seasoning. Had it for lunch with half a serving of crushed tortilla chips.
  • CraigIW
    CraigIW Posts: 176
    Options
    I made 'Chicken Taco Chili' today in ours. It's very tasty :)http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Oh, I just tried the chicken breasts with salsa recipe and was greatly disappointed. :( It smelled REALLY good when it was first cooking but by the time it was done it had a REALLY strong chicken smell and flavor. If something doesn't smell good, I can't eat it. I put it in the fridge and thought that maybe when it was cold it wouldn't smell so "chickeny" so I put some in rice tonight for chicken and rice but it ruined the rice flavor, too.

Oh, well, live and learn. Everyone likes something different!!!! That's what makes the world go round!!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    okay I have to ask what does "bump" mean?
  • julesgill
    Options
    okay I have to ask what does "bump" mean?
    people bump so that it either goes to the top so people can see and add more, or to put it into the "my topics" category so they can come back to it easliy :)
  • kam3373
    kam3373 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bg508
    bg508 Posts: 6
    Options
    This sounds yummy! Bump
  • rayofhope525
    Options
    Ooooh, these are good ideas!
    I made a really great split pea soup in the crockpot! So easy!
    One bag of split peas, one chopped onion, and smoked turkey wings - 6 hours on low. Delish!
  • rox1234
    rox1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Take an entire chicken, wash it inside and out, and put it in the slow cooker on low in the morning, and when you come home at night you'll have the most wonderful, moist, perfectly-cooked chicken ever, that you can use for any recipe.

My slow cooker has enough room for two entire chickens - I stuff them in on their sides.

I'll often start cooking two chickens, starting on Sunday morning and let them just go all day. Then, on Sunday evening I'll take them out, let them cool a little, and clean. The meat just falls off the bone, the skin peels off effortlessly, and I have an entire week's worth of healthy chicken cooked so easily!

You can even strain and use the broth for soup, once you let it cool and skim off the fat.

You can also season the chicken before putting it in the pot - but I usually prefer to season the meat when I'm using it, instead,

I love cooking chicken like this!
  • BeeMarieG
    BeeMarieG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    All these sound yummy!
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    Chicken and Dumplings

2 Can of Cream of celery soup prepared ( i used the 985 fat free kind)
    Frozed Mixed Vegetables
    2 Stalks of Celery, cut & diced
    1 Medium Onion, diced
    3 chicken breadkts coursely diced (boneless & skinless)
    1 cup Bisquick Mix
    1/3 cup milk ( i used 1%milk)

Add chicken, frozen vegetables, celery, onion, and soup into Crockpot. Cook 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high

Mix bisquick & milk together to create dumplings. Top crockpot mixture with 8 dumplings. Cover and Cook for 30 minutes and ENJOY!

Serves 8

Calories 244.3
    total fat 6.0 g
    cholesterol 61.3mg
    sodium 832.7 mg
    total carbs 23.1g
    dietary fiber 2.5g
    protein 24.4g
  • krazeestraw
    krazeestraw Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    Chicken curry made with yogurt and not cream. Oh so good. I throw veggies in there too, peppers, mushrooms etc.