Your take on Turbo Fire!

Options
Anyone done it? Like it? Your success? Did you follow the prep schedule first before diving into the program? How much weight did you lose? How long did it take? What was your diet like?
I am starting this on Monday. I can't decide if I want to dive right into the actual schedule or follow the 9 week prep plan first. I exercise about three times a week right now. I can do Tae-bo at a beginner's level no problem. The HIIT trainings of the Turbo fire looks pretty intense.

Replies

• Jesse13
    Jesse13 Posts: 72
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing about Turbo Fire...
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    I love TurboFire. I did start with the prep schedule for a couple of weeks before moving on. I have not finished the entire program as I seem to have 90 day commitment issues :wink: I think the workout's are great but I do recommend doing the "New to Class" options on the videos the first few times. She will break down the workout for you there on the Fire 30, Fire 55, etc.
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I love TurboFire. I did start with the prep schedule for a couple of weeks before moving on. I have not finished the entire program as I seem to have 90 day commitment issues :wink: I think the workout's are great but I do recommend doing the "New to Class" options on the videos the first few times. She will break down the workout for you there on the Fire 30, Fire 55, etc.

Ahhh thanks for the tip! I will check those out before I start :)
  • turbofiregirl
    Options
    I am currently on week 8 and i really really like the program. I have lost 18 pounds so far; i did an inferno in the middle.
    I was a turbo jam regular before i moved to turbo fire and so, i did not do the prep schedule. The HIIT is a little intimidating in the beginning, but its not so tough after 2 weeks.

If you dont have any knee problems+ heart problems, and think you can handle some intense cardio, take the plunge and do the regular schedule.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I just dove right in, I felt awkward at first, but I stuck with it and I love it. Turbo Fire has been my primary routine off and on since Dec. 2010 and I've lost 53 pounds along with cutting out chips and sweets from my diet and drinking Shakeology just about every day. HIIT DVD's are intense but I love them. Chalene is such a great motivator you will love her. Feel free to add me for support and motivation. I def. am a TF junkie
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I really love Turbo Fire and got some great results doing the program (lost almost 40 lbs today from Turbo Fire). I just did the regular schedule when I first started because I was already doing a mix of Tae Bo and Turbo Jam. Like Deejourney said, their is a "New to Class" option so you can pick up the moves and go at a slower pace. As for the HIITs, just go at your own pace and give it all that you have, even if you mess up or can't do some of the moves (they also have a person that modify the moves if you can't do the regular moves). Diet wise, I didn't follow the diet plan that came with the program and I just stuck with this site to keep my calorie goal under control (well sometimes.............LOL ).
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    JUST DO IT! you'll love it. i started by following the schedule now i just do whatever i feel like, lol
  • Geminieve24
    Options
    I am currently on week 8 and i really really like the program. I have lost 18 pounds so far; i did an inferno in the middle.
    I was a turbo jam regular before i moved to turbo fire and so, i did not do the prep schedule. The HIIT is a little intimidating in the beginning, but its not so tough after 2 weeks.

If you dont have any knee problems+ heart problems, and think you can handle some intense cardio, take the plunge and do the regular schedule.

What does your diet look like? On average what is your daily intake with your calories? Do you focus on watching your carbs? What time of the day do you do the Turbo Fire?
    I was thinking of doing the Prep schedule for maybe two weeks and then jumping into. Thankfully I do not have any injuries or heart problems :)
  • ltbrdg
    ltbrdg Posts: 19
    Options
    I didn't do the prep schedule...just dove right in but I had already done Turbo Jam. Between TJ and TF, I lost 50lbs in 18mths. If your diet was stricter than mine was, you'd lose a lot faster. I made the conscious decision to try the slow and steady method because all my previous quick losses were followed by quick gains when I stopped "dieting". This time I just made gradual changes as I went along so that now eating healthy is more of a habit than a chore. But as for Turbo Fire itself, the HIITS are intense but they are so fun. I started out with the modifier until I could really push myself. The more weight I lost, the easier it got. I love Turbo Fire! It's the best workout program I've ever done. It's the only one I've ever done that makes me want to push harder. Good luck!
  • Geminieve24
    Options
    I really love Turbo Fire and got some great results doing the program (lost almost 40 lbs today from Turbo Fire). I just did the regular schedule when I first started because I was already doing a mix of Tae Bo and Turbo Jam. Like Deejourney said, their is a "New to Class" option so you can pick up the moves and go at a slower pace. As for the HIITs, just go at your own pace and give it all that you have, even if you mess up or can't do some of the moves (they also have a person that modify the moves if you can't do the regular moves). Diet wise, I didn't follow the diet plan that came with the program and I just stuck with this site to keep my calorie goal under control (well sometimes.............LOL ).

Congrats on the 40 pound loss! I need to lose about 55 pounds. I already love to kick box and sdo Tae-bo, so I think I will enjoy this program.
  • turbofiregirl
    Options

What does your diet look like? On average what is your daily intake with your calories? Do you focus on watching your carbs? What time of the day do you do the Turbo Fire?
    I was thinking of doing the Prep schedule for maybe two weeks and then jumping into. Thankfully I do not have any injuries or heart problems :)

My intake is 1200 on my rest days and 1300-1500 on the days I excercise. I am a Indian veggie and so, most of the foods that come with her journal are of no use to me. I do watch my carbs, but I don't sweat about it. My protein was low and so I have added the optimum whey as a supplement after workout. I excercise in the morning half hour after my morning coffee.
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I just started Turbo Fire this week and I love it, I received some DVDs from a friend I did not get the calendar or the nutrition guide. I found the calendar on line and I am following it. Yesterday was my second workout and it was a HIIT workout I loved it, I actually did it twice :) I dove right into it since I have completed one round of p90x and one round of Insanity I figured I could just start it without doing the prep program.

I am trying to see if I can find a download of the Nutrition Guide just to get an idea on the meals, but I do not plan to follow it. I am not good at following meal plans just going to use MFP and watch what I eat. I like cooking from the eatinwell website. When I did P90x I cooked from there a lot and lost 12lbs. With Insanity I tried to follow the meal plan and the calories it told me to eat and I did not loose any weight.

Feel free to add me as a friend and we can support eachother

BTW: The picture of my HRM is how high my heart rate got on my first workout of Turbo Fire
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    A lot of people mention the prep schedule. What is it?
  • Geminieve24
    Options

If you purchased TurboFire through the Beachbody website, inside one of the booklets is a nine week training schedule to get you prepared for the actual 12 week program. You don't do the HIIT intervals in the prep schedule until I think week seven. You can also find the prep schedule online.
  • diana109
    diana109 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I did not do the pre schedule because I was a Turbo Jammer prior. I have lost 93 lbs to date, working on the last 2 lbs. This was done with Turbo Fire & ChaLean Extreme programs. In July I took up running as well so it did contribute. My diet consists of a lot of fruits and veggies, whole grain foods and food high in fibre and protein to keep me fuller longer. Absolutely NO processed food and most foods I try to make myself so I know exactly whats going into it using fresh food as much as I can. Cooking the food yourself also contributes a lot that way you know exactly whats going into your food and have control over it of course there are those days that you want a day away from the kitchen. The HIIT's are intense when starting but when you have been doing it for a couple weeks you get right into it and before you know it, you are jumping as high as they are in the video! Good luck!! :smile:
  • Geminieve24
    Options
    I have gotten some good responses on Turbo Fire.
    I am starting this plan on the 15th...I would love to start a group of people, if anyone is down, let me know. I am not sure as to how to keep up with a particular thread so that everyone can stay in touch and on board with their TurboFire....
    Feedback...anyone?
  • JosalynSmith
    JosalynSmith Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am on my 4th week for Turbo Fire and I'm loving it! Working out always seemed like such a chore until TF. I didn't do Turbo Jam so I had to learn the moves, and I would have to admit I'm sure I look a little silly since I'm realizing how uncoordinated I am :) But I get my butt out of bed every morning to get my TF on. Sometimes I sleep with my workout clothes on so I can just roll out of bed and start my workout. I did do Chalean Extreme before TF and she did introduce a few TF moves to the cardio portion of that series. Since I’ve started TF I have lost 3 pounds, it’s not a lot but it’s a start and I will take any weight loss that I can get! I am pretty good at sticking to my diet (sorry…my way of life); but on weekends I can get a little naughty drinking too much wine ;) Overall I’m feeling great and my clothes are feeling a lot better. At the end of this week I’ll do my measurements to see how all the fun work has paid off.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    TurboFire was pretty intense for me starting out because I really never worked out before starting it. But, doesn't matter if you can do the entire videos or just half of them when you are starting out. The point is to just do them and get better at them!

I didn't follow the schedule very closely-- I made up my own. But I really, really love the program, and definitely recommend it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.
  • Abk2bhealthy
    Abk2bhealthy Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have gotten some good responses on Turbo Fire.
    I am starting this plan on the 15th...I would love to start a group of people, if anyone is down, let me know. I am not sure as to how to keep up with a particular thread so that everyone can stay in touch and on board with their TurboFire....
    Feedback...anyone?

I started Turbo Fire on Monday. I love it! I had been using Turbo Jam previously. I would love to post with a group also completing TF. Count me in.
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options

If you purchased TurboFire through the Beachbody website, inside one of the booklets is a nine week training schedule to get you prepared for the actual 12 week program. You don't do the HIIT intervals in the prep schedule until I think week seven. You can also find the prep schedule online.

So it's an optional way to start the program or stretch it out if one chooses. Thanks.