Fitbit

Options
Can anyone help me . For some reason my fitbit has stopped registering my steps on my fitness pal .

Replies

• doctortif
    doctortif Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info on the update. I have had the issue before but was good until yesterday. Hopefully it will be up and running soon.
  • emmamcclure4319
    emmamcclure4319 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    same problem here
  • draegerjeff
    draegerjeff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’ve gained two pounds since this stopped working. No point using MFP anymore. It doesn’t work
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I’ve gained two pounds since this stopped working. No point using MFP anymore. It doesn’t work

That’s a normal fluctuation and you shouldn’t connect it to these issues
  • draegerjeff
    draegerjeff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Frenchgrad wrote: »
    I really hate when this happens. I’ve come to rely on my steps syncing to know how much I can eat. I prelog my days and use whatever bonus I get from exercise to snack more. But with no steps (my main form of exercise) transferring, it’s hard to know how much more I can eat. Plus, I use the calories over the week to balance out my intake. But ever since Saturday when my steps stopped syncing, it looks like I’ve eaten 1400 calories over my goal! I mean, I know I haven’t, but for tracking purposes, it throws me off. I really hope this gets fixed soon. Since I know of no other way to track food & exercise calorie burns, I’ll keep using MFP. I just wish it was more reliable.

I know we’re all in the same boat. Just venting.

I agree completely. I had almost a whole year straight and it’s all falling apart.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I just went back to fitbit to log my foods and calorie goals. Not coming back anytime soon.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    In the interim, you can calculate and log the number yourself.

1. Determine F = "Fitbit Calories Burned Full Day Projection" by going to Fitbit app or website for each day at the end of the day.

2. Determine M = "MyFitnessPal Calories Burned" by going to the MFP Exercise Diary for the last day it synced. Click the “i” next to the adjustment in your Exercise Diary on the website page, or by tapping the adjustment itself in the app. Use that number as your approximate MFP daily goal at your most recently recorded current weight.

3. Do the simple math for each day: "F" minus "M" equals "Fitbit Calorie Adjustment."

If positive, log the adjustment number in the MFP Exercise Diary as a custom activity (give it any name you want).

If negative, since MFP won't let users add a negative exercise number, Quick Add the number as Calories to the MFP Food Diary.

cfkum4pobiyp.jpg
  • doctortif
    doctortif Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing this is taking longer than MFP thought? It's Monday and steps are still not syncing. At least my run that I logged with MMR did.
  • Frenchgrad
    Frenchgrad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's working again!