New. Would love a buddy! 24yr old mom/student.

Options
Hi all! Here's a little background: I have a son that was born in September of 2008. Up until that point my "normal" weight (no dieting, moderate exercise, no crazy overeating) was 135-140lbs and I'm 5'6. I was never thrilled with this size but was always convinced it was the best I could do. Like I said, got pregnant with my son in 2008 and gained the standard 40lbs with pregnancy. Within 2 months of having my son I lost 25lb putting me at 150lbs. I was so excited the weight seemed to be coming off effortlessly and I was convinced the trend would continue. Wrong. Two words: Holiday Season. Made me forget all of my goals. Fastforward to June 2010 when I decided enough is enough. I wasn't huge. But I was unmotivated, tired, depressed and terribly out of shape. Weighing in at 155 lbs on 6/1/10. That was the day I started a food journal in a lined notebook. Wrote down every single thing I put into my body no matter how small. And ordered "Biggest Loser: cardio max & power sculpt. Diet and those tapes combined help me to lose 27 lbs in 7 months. Started my fit plan 2 weeks ago on my phone and have lost 3 lbs so far. Ultimate goal. 118lbs. Would like to have s few lbs to fluctuate and not worry. Anyone else losing the last 10? Would love a buddy. I also started a running plan that's helped tremendously. So would love a running or diet buddy!

Replies

• hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm trying to lose 10lbs short term, 20lbs ultimately. I have a support group that's open to anyone (hm_day's support group) and everyone there is willing to help you out as well! But I'd be more than happy to give you that little push when you need it :) Good luck!
  • jmhunter84
    jmhunter84 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I can motivate and always use motivation myself.
  • snm7031211
    Options
    What is your running plan? I am starting to walk/run on my treadmill as I want to do a 5K this october.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    i have about 16lbs to go all together!! but im working on the first 6.
    I am a stay at home mom of two and a college student as well.
    i am 4'11 and 116 but need to be aroun 100 to 103. !!
  • jcannon15
    jcannon15 Posts: 148
    Options
    hi i'm jenna 23 y/o student add me if u'd like another friend :)
  • prettyone822
    Options
    also curious to know your running plan... last year lost 50 lbs running... just started working out again but sprained ankle july 3rd so not where i'd like to be =/
  • laurenpence
    Options
    Hey I am 24 and a mom/student as well. I am passionate about running, it's what gets me going for the day. Feel free to add me!
  • shelbym87
    shelbym87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Would love to talk to all of you! My running plan is a 5k buildup. I'm on week 2 day 2 and already see improvements especially in my legs. Haven't run seriously since cross country in 9th grade so starting slow. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Before I found this I would just try to run for as long as possible and made it 10-12 minutes the first 2 times. This plan starts off with run/walk intervals which make it easier for a longer workout. I really love it so far and think it's something I will stick too.