Why dont celebrities eat bread?

Options

Replies

• Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    rasta_bb wrote: »
    A lot of people avoid bread due to the harmful additives. Really, if you're going to eat anything that's not organic, you're killing yourself just as fast.

???
    "Living" is what gets you killed.
    If you were inorganic you would be kind of immortal ... if you were living at all that is.

Petrified is the state to be.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wuhell then, all you assume I eat all organic and shun people who don't! It's just like cigarettes, sometimes things that are bad for you are still legal. It doesn't mean people are going to look up every ingredient and follow it to a tee. I was simply stating that there are people who believe this.

quit getting all offended

Who was offended? We were simply responding to a false statement.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    For some, it could do with wanting to avoid water weight, which can make a noticeable difference when you're small. The water weight can make it appear like bread is making them "fat" and that going w/o it keeps them lean.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Silliness.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    Wow - wake up looking for a fight? You asked a question, kind people responded. Chill. Eat whatever the hell you want.

OP hasn't posted since beginning this thread.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wow - wake up looking for a fight? You asked a question, kind people responded. Chill. Eat whatever the hell you want.

You are correct! My Bad! I mistook who the OP was - Editing now :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options

You are correct! My Bad! I mistook who the OP was :)

That happens to me a lot. Sometimes I catch it after typing a response about trying to be low-carb and vegan at the same time, then I realize the low-carb person wasn't the same as the vegan OP.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    If Oprah can eat Bread & loose weght than so can I... lol
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Celebrities get caught up in all kinds of nutty diets and fads too. There are probably plenty who eat normally and just watch calories but that wouldn't make good headlines. A lot of people want there to be a gimmick.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    If Oprah can eat Bread & loose weght than so can I... lol

Yeah, not that I have an issue with eating bread, but I really don't think she is the best person for diet advice.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    joowelz wrote: »
    Why do thee famous skinny ninnies avoid bread? What's wrong with it? Can't you eat bread every day as long as you eat within your calorie allowance?

I lost 50 lbs and have kept it off for over 6 years. I ate, and still eat, bread every single day.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    For all of you that are holding onto your bread for dear life, that's fine with me. For all else:

http://naturallysavvy.com/eat/scary-ingredients-used-in-bread-manufacturing

Hmmm... Nope.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    joowelz wrote: »
    Why do thee famous skinny ninnies avoid bread? What's wrong with it? Can't you eat bread every day as long as you eat within your calorie allowance?

Celebrities get paid a lot of money to endorse a lot of bogus products/diet plans. Because the advertising industry knows that people foolishly put their trust in what celebrities say, as if they're smarter or more educated than the non-famous people who buy their garbage.

All a 'celebrity endorsement' shows is that they're making a lot of money to push a product. Nothing more.