Circumferential Abdominoplasty (Body Lift) *Final Pics*

JulieSHelms
JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
Today was my final check-up with the plastic surgeon so I wanted to share the final pics. Swelling and bruising are all gone. The scar will take about a year to fade to clear.

I posted the whole story two months ago here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10644109/circumferential-abdominoplasty-tummy-tuck-plus-butt-thigh-lift-pics-before-after/p1

I'm happy with the change, even though he only ended up removing 3.5 lbs of skin--I was sure it would be much more than that. There have been no problems and I'm back to the gym with no restriction (I'm about 80% back on weights involving my abs, 100% on everything else).

And for the thrill of my life... Being asked as a 51-year-old woman who was morbidly obese for 3 decades, to get in a thong and have her picture taken!! Ok, so it wasn't the paparazzi--just my doctor's office wanting 'after' shots. :smiley:

rojcbhta2fge.jpg
4236o9x3nf39.jpg
lr65e6rdq1uh.jpg
4tx32hin40hf.jpg

Replies

• aliciaaw
    aliciaaw Posts: 180 Member
    LOOKING GOOD!
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Wow. I used to date a woman that went through something similar, before we met. She had lost over 100 lbs. I think she had a lot more skin removed. She said her recovery was pure hell.

I am probably going to have some loose skin to deal with when I get to goal, but I'm not sure I will be able to put myself through the surgery. Was it bad?

But you look great! Keep up the good work...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    <3<3<3
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    edited April 2018
    Wow. I used to date a woman that went through something similar, before we met. She had lost over 100 lbs. I think she had a lot more skin removed. She said her recovery was pure hell.

I am probably going to have some loose skin to deal with when I get to goal, but I'm not sure I will be able to put myself through the surgery. Was it bad?

She probably had her ab muscles tightened. I declined that part of the surgery since the doctor said mine were in good shape (that's a genetic thing, not a workout thing). The doc said that adds a whole new dimension to longer recovery and greater pain. From the third day on (day 1 was morphine, day 2 was oxycodone), recovery was really nothing at all. I had drains and stitches removed in 7 days, and went back to the gym on the 8th. I started running again around 3 weeks post-op.

So I totally recommend the procedure (minus the ab tightening).

ETA: You will notice in the full frontal picture, I don't have an hour-glass shape. The ab tightening would have given me that.

• 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Looks good!
  • cshagam
    cshagam Posts: 56 Member
    Good for you! Looks amazing!!
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Awesome......well deserved.
  • Hammy5858
    Hammy5858 Posts: 9 Member
    You look fantastic!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!