What was the deciding factor that launched your weightloss j

Options
For me..it was the day I realized my "muffin top".....became my "poundcake top".......that pretty much sums it up..lol

Replies

• karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    First off- this is not my first rodeo. I lost 150 lbs over 2 yrs '99 and 00. I gained it all back starting in '04 when I got pregnant with my first child. I was so hungry all the time. My stomach would growl at me constantly... In Jan a nurse suggested I might be a Celiac. She was right. within 3 days of being gluten free I was no longer hungry. It was awesome. So I signed up with MFP. It was too hard learning to be GF and watch calories at the same time. I have now mastered the GF life so now I can correct the damage done. I am still dealing with a very streched out stomach but it is working and I am so dang happy! FYI Celiacs is a recessive trait that was activated by the trauma of pregnancy. 1 out of 110 people have it and most don't know it as there is no definitive test to diagnose it.
  • chynafox
    chynafox Posts: 30
    Options
    This isn't my first rodeo either. I lost 25lbs in 2 months back in April/May of 2008. I had just gotten out of a stressful relationship and for some reason the pounds just fell off. I kept it off until around April of last year. I got into another relationship and had a job as a cashier at the local Whole Foods. It may seem like the dream job, but being surrounded by delicious food ALL DAY and standing in one spot ALL DAY equaled to gaining 40 pounds. Which put me at 17lbs heavier than my heaviest weight.

The whole time I didn't realize I was gaining! I mean, I had notice some extra hips and this weird bump(FAT) on my belly, but that was it. Until one day I ran for the bus. I caught it and then the bus driver scolded me saying "I would have waited for you! That can't be good for the baby!" Yeah. That was the day I had enough.

For some reason, though, it has taken me a while to get super serious. But, here I am!
  • smallerthighs
    Options
    I have tried many times before to lose weight.....and got discouraged very quickly when I worked hard and sacrificed....and didn't see any results. That was a huge turn off. Then my skinny jeans turned to fat jeans.....then my fat jeans were too small...and that was a depressing realization. My stride turned into a waddle......and people assumed I was pregnant......THAT WAS THE FINAL STRAW!!!