Breakfast Buffet - wwyd?

Options
2»

Replies

• deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Bacon & Eggs & Coffee, b/c fat, protein and coffee are life.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Eggs with some kind of meat, coffee (lots) and maybe some cereal. I love breakfast buffets!
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I'd go with the protein they're offering that I like best, the fresh produce that looks best, and if they have excellent baked goods I'd split one with my companion most days.
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    If there were interesting specialty foods like steamed fish and dumplings, I’d probably have some of those. For the average chain hotel breakfast, I usually choose yogurt and fruit. I’ll put milk in my coffeee rather than half and half. Occasionally I’ll have scrambled eggs and sausage. I love oatmeal, but by the time I dress it up to my liking with brown sugar, walnuts and dried cranberries, it’s 600 calories that will only keep me full for a few hours.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Generally when I'm at a hotel (and I actually feel like eating breakfast) I eat enough that I will skip lunch, or have a late lunch/early dinner so either way I cut it down to two meals for the day. My go-to is one pancake/waffle topped with fruit and whip cream with two hard boiled eggs. If they don't have pancakes/waffles I would do an English muffin with two eggs (fried, unless they have good vegetables to scramble in) and some fruit.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    At a hotel I usually get eggs (with vegetables in an omelet if possible) with some cottage cheese on the side and probably some fruit.

When I was eating plant based I'd get oats with fruit and whatever vegetables were available (usually some raw veg are IMO).
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    I travel often. I opt for eggs, fresh fruit if it's an option, and an english muffin or slice of wheat toast with peanut butter. It's pretty well balanced macro-wise and keeps me full for a while. Is oatmeal an option? I will sometimes get oatmeal and add raisins and walnuts if that is available.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I usually do coffee, a bunch of fruit, and savory oats (oatmeal with peanut butter and hot sauce). If I'm going to have a very active day, I might add a bagel.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don't trust restaurants to cook eggs for me. They usually add butter and milk to the egg mix and then cook in additional butter or oil. It helps to not only thicken up the egg mix, but it also enhances the taste. When I get restaurant/hotel breakfast, I do 2 hard boiled or hard poached eggs with spinach and tomato if available. I might eat a piece of toast if I'm in the mood.

At a buffet, I look for the simplest items available. I don't really like sweet breakfast stuff so I don't care for pastries, pancakes, waffles, oatmeal or cereal. If smoked salmon is available, I'd devour that with tomato slices and red onion rings.
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'd stick with something close to what I usually eat every morning, which is two eggs with cheese and salsa and strong cup of coffee.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I would pick something similar to what I usually have. Eggs & fruit, oatmeal & yogurt, or similar.