Over 50 and fedup! Looking for friends and motivation!

Options
124»

Replies

• sapphicbird
    sapphicbird Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yup, I qualify! Aged 53, 54 in August. Like many others on here, have had success on the weight loss front but as soon as the big goal is reached, then have piled it back on, with the result that I now am looking to lose 77 pounds exactly! Day one begins...
    Feel free to add me.
  • freespirit6315
    freespirit6315 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    55 and you can add me if you want! Just send a friend invite.
  • sharondawn119
    sharondawn119 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi im sharon and new to the site im60 years old, i have diabetes and its causing problems with my health,, loosing the weight will help improve both , i am wanting to loose 45lbs, got little motivation at the moment, so all the encouragement and making new friends will help,, iv gone from taking tablets to now injecting and i hate it and would so much like to reverse my diabetes, long journey i know
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Always looking for more friends!! 52 here
  • sisterslim18
    sisterslim18 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, 51 years Young. I feel the best I have ever felt! Drinking water, counting Calories, logging meals, exercising, eating much healthier! Skin looks Better Then 10 years ago. Thanks to water, prayer, and sweat. Add me if You like!
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm 59 - feel free to add me
  • didozo
    didozo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me! 56 and need to lose 50 lbs. Down 8 lbs since Feb 11. Aiming for 30 lbs by August. Need friends when I get stuck. Anyone using a Garmin vivofit with MFP?
  • musdoit2
    musdoit2 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    over 50 and looking for Low carb or keto accomplices..
  • HareRazor
    HareRazor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 51 and looking to get back on the right track too! I've been using my job, family and every other excuse I could think of, but it's time to right-size myself!
  • pamelakakis
    pamelakakis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, new to MFP my son put me on here as he uses his daily. I am 49 yrs young lol thinking positive, In 2010 I weighed 138 stayed there give a few lbs here and there. In 2012 I became very sick with collapsed disc in my neck, frozen shoulder said I have degenerative disc disease cervical and lumbar and osteoporosis & Fibromyalgia,WTH I was a nurse who became a patient, several surgeries and a spinal cord stimulator placed in my spine, due to chronic pain I couldn’t excersise and many medications, I blew up quick from meds, I need to get40lbs off.. so here I am , need support and I hope this helps me with accountability.
  • joangutierrez6017
    joangutierrez6017 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    63 and sick and tired of being sick and tired. Finally ready. My niece informed me she lost 96lbs with MFP last night.
  • PhoenixWithoutAshes1
    PhoenixWithoutAshes1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good morning! 59.5 here, feel free to look at my profile and add me if you'd like!
  • Vgound54
    Vgound54 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm 63 and 322 days young, just started here again and need to lose 40lbs, add me please
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 55 (young or old - depends on the day lol). I've been with MFP since 2011. I've had a love/hate relationship with it all these years. I came back in September because my cholesterol #'s went up twice last year. My doc wouldn't change my meds, she told me I needed to learn to eat better. After some soul searching I decided I need to make another go at this and really put some effort into it because I'd very much like to be around to watch my grandchildren grow up. So I got a little more serious about it this time around. I'm not sure what I'm doing right, but since September I've lost 43.6 pounds. I started at 175.4 and am now at 131.8. I have good days and bad days, just like everyone else. I'm a huge supporter of my friends here and I am blessed with a wonderful bunch of women and men that are also supportive of me in return. Having good friends on MFP is a tremendous help traveling this road we are all on. I'm open to friend requests so please send them my way. Just know if you aren't supportive I won't hang on to you long. I respond and comment on every single post on my feed. It takes time to go through diaries and such. If you can't give me the same time as I give you, please don't friend me.

To the original poster, have faith in yourself, if I can do this, so can you!

PS: yes that's me in my pic, I've been skydiving twice and it's incredible!!! OH!! I just had another check up with my doc. My cholesterol is EXCELLENT!! She said I'd done an amazing job of fixing it and she had patients that would pay for my kind of results lol. Totally made my day!! :)
  • nbbaby
    nbbaby Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    My name is Sharon, I'm 50 years old and I'm from Canada. I've had fibromyalgia for 30 years now, and a lot of other things wrong with me. Im on lots of medications. Some days I can't walk and the rest of the days I can only walk. I have 50 pounds to lose. I'm not sure what this form is but if it's about fibromyalgia I thought I should join it.
  • pessxx
    pessxx Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    50 going on 51 , feel free to add
  • Tutu1967
    Tutu1967 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and need to lose about 80 lbs. I would really like to meet new people and provide friendship and motivation :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    71 here and still trying, good luck
  • LindaPhillipsUK
    LindaPhillipsUK Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m 55 and looking to lose 14lbs - feel free to add me, I’m on here most days 😊