Lose 2lbs per week for 5 weeks

Options
NetiOne
NetiOne Posts: 56 Member
Anyone want to join me in losing 10 lbs? I want to lose 10 lbs by May 1st and I am looking for companions, support and motivation to do so. I am not going on any crazy "all bacon diet" or starvation route. I am approaching this reasonably and with a healthy diet and exercise routine in mind. I am keeping my caloric intake between 1200-1400 per day (I am female) and have established a moderate workout routine (3 days a week a combo of strength training/cardio/stretch and 3 days a week of cardio/yoga. I have had great luck counting calories as I never feel deprived. If I want a cookie I eat a cookie. I just log the cookie calories into MFP.

Some things I am doing are to not eat 4 hours before I go to bed. My nightly tea doesn't count ... :) I am off solid fats and have transitioned to olive oil only. I have added a daily multi-vitamin to supplement anything I may be missing and I am consciously drinking 8-10 glasses of water each day.

Ok, anyone want to join me in losing 10 lbs?

Today is 3/20/18: my current weight is 130 and I am shooting for 120 by May 1, 2018.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    good luck!
  • NetiOne
    Options
    Ok, update: March 27 and I'm 129 lbs. It wasn't two pounds but I can do better this week. As a side note, I haven't weighed 120 something in over 10 years. <3 It feels really good!
  • haileybaker126
    haileybaker126 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ll join!
  • NetiOne
    Options
    I’ll join!

Welcome and Good Luck! What does your diet look like? Do you exercise? What is your current weight?
  • segoviaj17
    segoviaj17 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m in !
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Following
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Just a note for those who are following- at a starting weight of 130 lbs, a weight loss goal of 2 lbs/week is, at best, misguided, and at worst, highly unsafe. You would be better served to educate yourselves on how to lose fat, not muscle. And BTW, not eating for 4 hours before bed and avoiding "solid fats" has nothing to do with weight loss.

A little helpful reading:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10569458/why-eating-too-little-calories-is-a-bad-idea/p1

Wishing good health to you all :)
  • awash10
    awash10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Im joining. Just made a personal bet with my coworker. Trying to get Motivated to help lose 10lbs by May 3rd