Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Running Pals!

Hello runners of MFP!

I'll keep this simple, I'm after more running pals, particularly UK runners so we're in the same time zone.

I'm currently training for a half next month, and trying to manage the runger as best I can now that my long runs are into double figures!

More running on my news feed would be great!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Well, plan was 13km yesterday and I did 16.5 (so ~ 10 miles). Good thing too as Easter dinner was a feast.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Well, plan was 13km yesterday and I did 16.5 (so ~ 10 miles). Good thing too as Easter dinner was a feast.

I did 11 miles Saturday, 3 miles today. Happy with that!
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I have a HM in two weeks. Saturday was 10 miles. Today was a slow 5. Tomorrow will be a slow 5, Wednesday a tempo 4, off Thursday, slow 6 on Friday, and then one more long run (11 mi) this weekend before I start my taper. Completely off from running starting Thursday for a Sunday race, and only 5-7 miles next week before that.

And yes, I am making up my schedule for the most part. It's loosely based on HH novice plan but I've molded it to fit my schedule and preferences.

Good luck!
  • TavistockToad
    I thought there were more runners out there! :cry:
  • hcolligan
    hcolligan Posts: 75 Member
    I'm from NI and run 5/10k. Booked for my first race in August and now decided that I can't wait that long, so entering another in May. Never dreamed that I would run and enjoy it!
  • TavistockToad
    hcolligan wrote: »
    I'm from NI and run 5/10k. Booked for my first race in August and now decided that I can't wait that long, so entering another in May. Never dreamed that I would run and enjoy it!

i very much have a love/hate relationship with running... but once i get myself out the door i generally love it!
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    edited April 2018
    err ... I have only started running in the last couple of weeks .... not training for anything other than to get comfortable at running to be honest.

Currently do 2 commutes to work (6km per commute ) and do a 10k on wednesday lunchtimes ... so total noob, but I post about it, and will no doubt get quicker or injured :wink:
  • Bluepegasus
    Bluepegasus Posts: 333 Member
    I'm a UK runner, but my running activities rarely show up in my feed(my Garmin is linked to MFP). I thought they'd fixed it as it recently started working again, but then it stopped! Feel free to add me though, I am doing a half later in the year, and did a marathon last October, so I'm aware of the runger, although I just went with it!
  • TavistockToad
    I'm a UK runner, but my running activities rarely show up in my feed(my Garmin is linked to MFP). I thought they'd fixed it as it recently started working again, but then it stopped! Feel free to add me though, I am doing a half later in the year, and did a marathon last October, so I'm aware of the runger, although I just went with it!

if i 'go with it' i just get fat :laugh:

I use a Garmin, just never bothered linking it. sounds like i'm not missing much!
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Nova Scotia Canada and I have just recently taken up running.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    My half is on May 19th and hoo boy, the runger is real. But at least I get an excuse to drink all the chocolate milk.
  • mabearof6
    mabearof6 Posts: 684 Member
    Running is how I keep my sanity.......not in the UK though.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Not a UK runner, Nova Scotia here. And I've only done 1 irl race so far, just started in November.
    I have 2 live races scheduled for June and August. Will probably sign up for a few more.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member

we're all out running!!! ;)
  • TavistockToad
    girlinahat wrote: »

we're all out running!!! ;)

:laugh:
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    I run - sort of - and I'm in the UK. I run between three and five times a week but I'm only just working my way up from a 5k to a 10k so nothing too spectacular I'm afraid :)
  • TavistockToad
    bumping for any more takers? :blush:
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Hi there! I'm not by any means local, (am in Australia) and I'm just getting back into running after an injury. I've missed it so much!
  • ExoticWelshy
    ExoticWelshy Posts: 4 Member
    Not quite sure if I would call myself a runner.. more of a very slow jogger! Currently ‘training’ for a 10km next month which in some people’s eyes may seem like nothing but for me it might as well be a marathon!
    I managed a 7km run a few weeks ago and I was buzzing afterwards!
  • TavistockToad
    Not quite sure if I would call myself a runner.. more of a very slow jogger! Currently ‘training’ for a 10km next month which in some people’s eyes may seem like nothing but for me it might as well be a marathon!
    I managed a 7km run a few weeks ago and I was buzzing afterwards!

If both feet are off the floor, you're running :bigsmile: