100 pounds down. Now what?

Options
Hi guys! Does anyone have any “loose skin” or “flab” tips. I’ve been trying to tone and lift for several months now. My muscles are firming quite nicely and I even see a hint of a six-pack forming, but I still have pesky saggy skin around my armpits and lower abdomen. Anyone have any advice for me?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can't do anything about loose skin, you may regain some elasticity but it can take over a year
  • Babbit221
    Babbit221 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have flabby arms after having lost 83 lbs (so far), and also a little abdominal pooch. There are several good, simple exercise videos on YouTube if you search for “flabby arms” - one in particular I found with only 5 exercises to do in 5-7 minutes per day. Haven’t started them myself - still focused on the 33 lbs I still need to lose - and I haven’t looked up abdominal yet, but check out YouTube and I’m sure you’ll find something.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    What a great problem to have. WebMD mentions compression garments help a little but there is no magic. If it's drastic enough surgery might be an option for you (but expensive). I'd keep at the muscle build (a good foundation for skin) and give it time. It's a badge of honor. 100lbs!! Bravo!
  • ChelleDee07
    ChelleDee07 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Keep up the Strength Training. I lost just over 100 lbs in 8 months last year. I have maintained since and I focus on cardio and strength training. If I had not started working with weights I know I'd have way more loose skin than I do. I have it... don't get me wrong.... but the strength training will help a lot.
  • gizel_b
    gizel_b Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    How long did it take you to lose 130 lbs?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    gizel_b wrote: »
    How long did it take you to lose 130 lbs?

If that's directed at me, a long long time. haha

Total of 6.5 years, first 40 took 5 years, lost 90 in 18 months on MFP, and then bounce around a range after losing a little more here "in maintenance".
  • tmetoyer123
    tmetoyer123 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

Keep up the Strength Training. I lost just over 100 lbs in 8 months last year. I have maintained since and I focus on cardio and strength training. If I had not started working with weights I know I'd have way more loose skin than I do. I have it... don't get me wrong.... but the strength training will help a lot.

Wow. 100 in 8 months? How did you do it, if you don’t mine my asking?
  • ChelleDee07
    Options

I changed everything about my life. I started weighing, logging my food and eating the appropriate serving sizes of healthier foods. I joined my local gym and started moving. At first I was only comfortable with the Treadmill and Recumbent bike. After a few months I took my first class with the gym's personal trainer (Free through Planet Fitness). I took a few here and there, but because of my size and feeling insecure I didn't get regular with classes until the end of June. I stuck to the allotted calories given by MFP with my information I entered and opted to not eat my exercise calories. Since reaching goal back in September I have maintained and for me that means I take my weekends off from logging and I eat pretty much what I want. I don't gorge myself though. Come Monday, I am right back to eating healthier, logging it and getting back on track. By mid week, I am right back to my comfortable weight from any increases from my food choices and/or extra sodium from the weekend.
  • ChelleDee07
    Options

MFP actually shared my story last year if you are interested...

http://blog.myfitnesspal.com/southern-mom-went-couch-motorcycle-eight-months/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!