Ladies, did losing weight make you lose breast size? Considering breast reduction surgery.

13»

Replies

• KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Wow, I've completely lost my Boobs and have been contemplating breast augmentation now because of it. I enjoy being thinner but feel I look boxy because of heavy lifting.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Yes, my size fluctuates with my weight. Yours may or may not - it depends on how much fat tissue vs. mammary tissue you have.

This. My breasts go from a 36C to 34A when I lose just 20lbs. I have mostly fat tissue though and very little mammary tissue, I actually wasn't able to produce adequate breastmilk.

I have a friend whose breasts stay the same size regardless of her weight, she had an oversupply of breastmilk.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Nope. I just put on an old bra from last year accidentally. The band is now way too lose, but I still fill out the cups.
    But every mammogram I get results in a warning that they can't see anything because of "Dense breast tissue." I've got very little fat in my breasts - its all glandular tissue.
    So: It depends on what's in there.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Losing 20 lbs I almost needed a smaller bra so not a giant change.

If your breasts got bigger with your weight gain they will probably get smaller with loss but not get smaller than you were before gaining weight. Lose the weight and see where you are.
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Hands down the best decision I ever made over 20 years ago.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Your breasts will shrink when you lose weight but how much depends on how much is fat and home much is breast tissue. If you had a large chest when you were smaller, you'll go back to that size. Either way, if you are overweight (or over your goal weight) they usually recommend that you lose some before getting a reduction because it's best to have the surgery when you are at a weight you are healthy and comfortable with (my sister just lost 70lbs for this reason). I would say get down to your goal weight, wee what you lose, then make a decision if you still need a reduction or not.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    I just want to say thank goodness for Victoria Secrets Push-up Bras :) These bras are life savers, also cheaper than breast augmentation, for some of us pear shaped ladies losing everything up top except for these stubborn hips.
  • mstull306
    mstull306 Posts: 17 Member
    I just (4 days ago) had breast reduction surgery. How quickly can I start getting my fat *kitten* back into shape? I’m 5’ 2”, 174.6 lbs and going to be pissed if my boobs don’t shrink to a C. I was wearing a 44 DDD bra before surgery. I’m so happy I had the surgery since I had severe back pain and my right shoulder was hurting. I do a lot of lifting at my job so the surgeon said 3 - 4 weeks off with FMLA protection.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I went from 42F to 36DD and that's with a loss of 130 lb. I don't think that is really such a drastic difference in the bust, considering I went from pant size 24 to 10.

In some recent photos, I have noticed that I look pretty top heavy but I have big hips/rear so I don't mind the balance of that. I don't plan to go much lower weight-wise and don't have any back problems or other issues, so breast reduction isn't in my plans.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    I went from a meh 40A at my heaviest to a tiny 30AA at my lowest weight (difference of roughly 100lbs), and am roughly 140lbs and 34A now - with 20lbs to go.. I get the feeling my chest is about to turn into, basically, just visible ribs again :( I've actually discussed surgery with friends and family before but doubt I'd ever actually do it, I'd be more likely to eventually get rid of the ring of loose skin on my lower stomach as it bothers me a lot more than my lack of breasts
  • Lesscookies12
    Lesscookies12 Posts: 140 Member
    First lose the weight you want to lose bosom size may decrease. After you get to your goal weight get them smaller if you still want. Good luck!!
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I lost 40lbs and went from a DD to some pretty small boobs, I'd bet a B cup, maybe a C depending on the bra. Honestly I don't know the last time I needed to wear an actual bra, it's bralettes all the time now.
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    I’ve never experienced a decrease in breast/cup size (32G) and I’ve had two pregnancies and breastfed two children. I hoped they would deflate some after my first pregnancy, nope. I’m 5’8” and I’ve weighed between 125-155 as an adult, not including my two pregnancies. I have a small rib cage and I think mine must be primarily tissue, very heavy and dense. I plan to have a reduction in the next year or so because I’m always in so much pain.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Not me. I was average (B/C) but then I had kids and I am closer to a D now... I have lost 70ish lbs and am pretty much the same size. Very little loss.
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Yes, my breasts fluctuate quite a bit with my weight. Thankfully, they don't get saggy in spite of pregnancy and breastfeeding over 7 years through 4 kids.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    edited April 2018
    Nothing really drastic volume-wise. I'm a 32G now after a 54 pound loss (currently 141lbs). In the past at my lowest weight after a 70 pound loss, I was still a 32E. I've also had five kids and breastfed all of them.
  • Biggster69
    Biggster69 Posts: 84 Member
    edited April 2018
    I lost to much on my upper body, especially breasts. Went from 34 C to a 32 D. I thought about getting a breast enlargement.
  • siogdearg
    siogdearg Posts: 20 Member
    I definitely lost weight there too - I went down to a 34A cup. So I've no boobs at all now! But worth it. I think it is about where you "easily" lose weight and where you don't. So when I lose weight, it comes off my upper half first, but is really stubborn to shift on my lower half.
  • mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    Ive always had a dramatic size difference between my boobs anyway. At my largest I was rocking a D cup one side and a small B the other. Losing weight (I’ve lost 45+ lb now) and in a way they have sort of evened out a bit. I think when I’ve reached goal (another 28lb) I’ll look into augmentation - either reduction to match the smaller side, or a very gentle implant one side and reshape the other. This will be my reward for losing all the weight!