Easiest dietary changes that you made

2»

Replies

• endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    I didn't change anything other than buying a food scale....
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Eliminating soda.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I started cooking with WAY less oil. Typically I cut the amount called for in half. Saves a buttload of calories.
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Stopped drinking all sodas, diet or regular. I only drink water. Stopped keeping sweets in the house. Now if I want something sweet I have to make a special trip to the store, which I never or very rarely will do. Now if I could just break this peanut butter habit!
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    flippy1234 wrote: »
    Keep it simple...keep meals simple, exercise simple, life simple. When you complicate anything too much, it gets harder to stick with. Whatever that may be.

Yes!!! This is true for everything in life.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Easy stuff:
    Drinking a gallon of water a day
    eating breakfast
    cutting out fried foods
    having 1-2 servings of vegetables at every meal

the hard stuff:
    Not having cupcakes when ever I want them Subbing fruits for sweets was hard :(
    switching from a Venti white mocha with whip to a grande skinny vanilla latte
    not having cake when ever I like Yes cake is different from cup cakes
    cooking/preparing all my meals all the time
    giving up weekend wine/alcohol Now I drink on occasion.
  • jenswan70
    jenswan70 Posts: 40 Member
    Appropriate portion sizes and no between meal snacks but no change in what I eat.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Stopping forcing myself to eat breakfast
    I'm not hungry in the morning and when I do eat my first meal of the day my hunger kicks in an hour later
    Breakfast eating just meant I ate much more overall v's starting my eating day at 2pm

Switched to low fat cheese and less of it, tastes the same to me
    Swapped out large carb heavy side dishes for smaller portions and extra veggies
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Reduced juice intake. Juice has a lot of calories and sugar!

More protein!

Sensible portions. Read the packaging!

Make carbs count: go high fiber and or high protein when possible.

Know your best bets to eat at fast food restaurants. Many have decent choices if a little research is put in. Do not assume salads are low calorie unless you have proof or diy.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Learning to love black coffee! I used to drink 3 soy lattes a day - there's 1500kj right there. I now love black coffee and couldn't imagine drinking it any other way
  • alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Keep it simple...keep meals simple, exercise simple, life simple. When you complicate anything too much, it gets harder to stick with. Whatever that may be.

What was a way you made exercise simple? I’m trying to incorporate this regularly into my life but it’s just been a hassle!
  • iowalinda
    iowalinda Posts: 354 Member

What was a way you made exercise simple? I’m trying to incorporate this regularly into my life but it’s just been a hassle!

Walk around your neighborhood. Read or watch TV while riding exercycle. Actually, lots of exercises can be done while watching TV.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Have a fruit or veggie serving at each meal or snack. Carry them with me if needed.
    Keep water in 32oz bottles at home and work so I reach hydration goals easier.
    Switched to fat free dairy and almond milk.
    Use vegetarian substitutes for sausage, burgers, and chicken cutlets
    Check the calorie per serving size for the best calorie bargain.
    Eat more puffed cereals and high fiber cereals.
    Food scales and measuring cups all over the kitchen.
    Eat from bowls and small plates.
  • Baseball2268
    Baseball2268 Posts: 5 Member
    Stopped drinking calories. Cut out bread unless I’m having a sandwich.