Work out everyday vs a day off?

Options
I’ve been monitoring my weight, calories and diet coming up on 4 years now. I lost between 25-30 pounds. I’ve been doing aerobics 4 times a week and waking around 5-7 miles a day. Through out the day. I’ve gained about 5 pounds back. I want to try taking a day off a week. My legs are tired all the time. But I’m afraid those calories I’m not burning will add up. I’m 48, 5’ 7” 140.

Replies

• samqua
    samqua Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use the MFP method. I’m going to try it this month see if I feel better. Hate to give up too much I do enjoy it but legs are getting tired.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Take the rest day! If you're constantly feeling worn out, you might not be putting as much effort into your workouts and walks (not to mention other daily activities) as you could if you were feeling rested and had more energy, so it's entirely possible that the calorie loss won't be as much as you fear. Good luck!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    It’s okay to take a rest day. Really.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I used to workout faithfully 6 days a week. A few months ago I realized that it is not necessary. If I feel like it I will if not I do not worry about it, as long as I get 5 days in I am good.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Take the rest day. You don't want to overwork yourself into an injury.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You should take at least 1 day off/week otherwise you will be dealing with injuries. I actually do better weight-wise with working out 5x/week and walking 20-30 minutes on my 2 days off
  • whocares2018
    whocares2018 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You will need days off so your body can refuel and rest. I always go 3-4 days in a row take at least 2 off in a row and start again. For me this works, the older I get the longer it takes for my body to recover.
  • TheAndyCook
    TheAndyCook Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 7 days a week. Invariably life happens and I don't make it a day or two each week.