What am I doing wrong?

Options
I've been doing daily yoga, daily 80 Day Obsession and running on the treadmill 3 days a week for 8 weeks and I see NO difference in my pictures. Keeping it at 1000-1200 clean calories, high protein, low carb, only 2 cheat meals in 53 days. I've lost 13 lbs and 2 inches from my hips, but why do I look exactly the same?!

xxsyg2pqntdo.jpg

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Look up the thread-Lean people getting leaner. It could help you. There's another thread on recomp by usmcmp that's also very good.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm not very familiar with your workout program, what does it entail? Is it only cardio based, does it involve any resistance training?
  • sardelsa
    Options
    Oh and what are your stats?
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Your rate of loss was 1.6 pounds per week, I wouldn't say you did anything wrong at all. Depending on your physique goals, they will likely take much longer than 8 weeks to manifest. There are a few different suggestions that can be made as far as how to adjust your program and diet if you can offer some additional info. Are you trying to lose body fat? Build muscle? Some other fitness or health related goals in mind?
  • oatmeatdm
    oatmeatdm Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 37, 5"4 and 135 pounds. 80 Day is mostly resistance and HIIT with 2 days a week of cardio, but even the cardio days use sliders for core work or bands for resistance.
  • oatmeatdm
    Options
    I'm trying to cut down on fat and have a leaner/more runner-like build. I don't want to get bigger or "shredded" looking. I feel stronger, and I know that's great, but I was really hoping for a noticeable difference in how I look, and not even my husband has said anything. I'm not giving up, but I've been working so hard and it almost doesn't seem worth it.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    One thing you can do to get a better comparison is to have the same angle in the pictures. I actually think I do see more of a waist and smaller legs, so you might have more progress than you think. And although some people have great 8 week transformations, normally it takes more time and consistency.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Your stomach and upper arms both look more "toned" in the after photo. I can totally see it.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above from @sardelsa. When you're so close to goal, changes can be more difficult to see on ourselves but are more obvious to others. And husbands are usually the last people to notice anything unfortunately.

I would suggest increasing to a minimum of 1200 calories, though. Better yet, plug your stats into MFP and see how many calories you should be eating for .5 pound of loss a week. Too severe of a deficit and not enough progression/resistance in your program can result in muscle loss along with the fat. You'll likely be happier with your end result if you maximize fat loss and minimize muscle loss.
  • mscndyj
    mscndyj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I totally see a difference. I agree with the previous posters - you may need to incorporate some resistance training.
  • sardelsa
    Options
    ndgilbert6 wrote: »
    Have you tried intermittent fasting? Let your body get hungry before eating again.

How is that going to help anything? IF can help some people stay in a deficit (OP has lost 13lbs so clearly she has no issues losing weight).. otherwise it's not magic
  • ndgilbert6
    ndgilbert6 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    ndgilbert6 wrote: »
    Have you tried intermittent fasting? Let your body get hungry before eating again.

How is that going to help anything? IF can help some people stay in a deficit (OP has lost 13lbs so clearly she has no issues losing weight).. otherwise it's not magic

Good point. I guess I misunderstood what the post was about

• oatmeatdm
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas and comments everyone. I've been avoiding pictures and think I just hoped for a bigger change in 8 weeks. But I'll keep at it and be patient.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Are you taking your measurements weekly? That can show progress when the scale doesn't.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    Aim for fitness. Train. Lift. Eat enough to support your program. Find that usmcmp thread.