Morning workouts before work

Options
Hi anyone... Is there any of you ladies going to the gym before work that have to shower and get dressed at the gym? I am struggling with this. How do you do it? Shower, Hair, Makeup.... My gym bag is HUGE! Any advise out there for a newbe?

Replies

• Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Sorry, this would be an issue for me as well so I am willing to get up at 4:30 to get to the gym then back home with time to cook and get ready for work. It takes some planning and organizing but for me it really helps get my day started on a good note!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Every day. I actually have two "gym bags" and usually dress clothes on a hanger. One bag has my gym equipment, the other has my shower stuff, makeup, etc. I look like I'm moving in, every morning.

I did quit packing a hair dryer and letting my hair dry naturally. That saved a lot of space. But my hair's short, so...
  • lmew91
    lmew91 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yes; my gym is right next to my work, which is about 45 min from my house. I don't wash my hair every day, so I don't have to bring a hair dryer... I wear my gym clothes/shoes there, and in my gym bag I bring- towel, wash cloth, shower shoes, face wash and shower gel with a plastic bag to put the wet stuff in after I shower. I also have hair brush, small cosmetic bag (I wear minimal make up at work,) deodorant, and work clothes which usually consists of under garments, dress pants and shirt, or a dress, and sandals or flats. My bag is fairly full, but not unmanageable.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Before I started working from home, I picked a gym close to home so I could go back home to get ready for work.
  • skibbles50
    skibbles50 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies// My gym is also 5 minutes from work. I get up at 3:30am leave my house at 4;30, I'm at the gym for 5 and do 30 to 40 minutes of threadmill then 30 minute workout, legs, arms, whichever day it is and abdominal twist machine most every day b/c I like it.. Then shower, get dressed and to work by 7am.. I have just started this routine and just wanting to get a handle on it.. Love working out in the am, Feel good all day..
  • Live_life_well
    Live_life_well Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    skibbles50 wrote: »
    Thank you ladies// My gym is also 5 minutes from work. I get up at 3:30am leave my house at 4;30, I'm at the gym for 5 and do 30 to 40 minutes of threadmill then 30 minute workout, legs, arms, whichever day it is and abdominal twist machine most every day b/c I like it.. Then shower, get dressed and to work by 7am.. I have just started this routine and just wanting to get a handle on it.. Love working out in the am, Feel good all day..

What time do you go to sleep? I get up at 5am to hit the gym but need to sleep at 9pm yo do that.
  • skibbles50
    skibbles50 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    skibbles50 wrote: »

What time do you go to sleep? I get up at 5am to hit the gym but need to sleep at 9pm yo do that.

I try and go to bed by 8:30 - 9:00 to get up at 3:30 am.. Still working on all the schedules..
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I used to do this...and I need to start doing this again. great reminder!
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I make do with minimal "stuff" Make sure i dont need to wash my hair so only take shower gel deodorant and mascara for make-up, small-ish towel. Take easy to pack clothes that wont get crumpled or creased. I also love working out in the morning. Up at 0430, walk the dog and then off to the gym. shower and work for 0800. Its great
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    My home is my gym and its a good job because my hair needs washed daily - which is fine as its now short and I can blow dry it in under 5 mins.

I have other friends who can tie up their hair and not need to wash their hair, just their body.

Dry hair shampoo is also an option.
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Find out if your gym allows you to either rent a locker or bring a padlock so you can keep stuff there permanently and not have to lug it each day. You could keep hair and make up there and just bring clothes. Some gyms allow it and others don't.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym before work as it suits me better (and I'm more likely to go!) - I just take a giant bag with everything I need in. I look like I'm going for a weekend away but it works for me!
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I go early too, and I have the same giant bag and carry my work clothes on their hangers. There isn't much you can do, but I do use small 3 oz bottles for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Then I refill on the weekends. To me, it is worth the effort of lugging in the bag, so that I can get my workout done in the morning. I live out in the country quite a ways, so no chance of going back home before work!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »
    I go early too, and I have the same giant bag and carry my work clothes on their hangers. There isn't much you can do, but I do use small 3 oz bottles for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Then I refill on the weekends. To me, it is worth the effort of lugging in the bag, so that I can get my workout done in the morning. I live out in the country quite a ways, so no chance of going back home before work!!

Twinsies. LOL

I do the small bottles, as well. And live out in the country.
  • Slashnl
    Slashnl Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Slashnl wrote: »

Twinsies. LOL

I do the small bottles, as well. And live out in the country.

Country folk can survive! Ha!
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I go to bed between 9 and 9:30 p.m., wake up around 5:30, go to the gym and do 30-45 minutes of something (running, cross-training, lifting), then shower and change.

I have grown to love getting ready at the gym. If you find yourself dragging in the morning, pack your clothes and bag the night before.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    ValeriePlz wrote: »
    I go to bed between 9 and 9:30 p.m., wake up around 5:30, go to the gym and do 30-45 minutes of something (running, cross-training, lifting), then shower and change.

I have grown to love getting ready at the gym. If you find yourself dragging in the morning, pack your clothes and bag the night before.

I get ready at the gym so much that getting ready at home feels foreign. LOL

I also pack my clothes, bag, breakfast and lunch the night before.
  • smolmaus
    smolmaus Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Wash and dry hair at home, don't wear foundation (brow pencil and mascara and I'm done), preferably wear a dress so it's only one item to pack and light shoes. I wear my gym trainers home from work if its wet.

I do use facewash as bodywash to save bottle-space. I take the train to/from work so if I'm carrying a bag 2 miles a day, it needs to be efficiently packed!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I do the same, albeit a few hours later. You will soon see what you can pare down. Can you rent a locker at the gym and leave some stuff there?
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Can you rent a locker at your gym? I think it's $10 a month at my gym, but maybe being able to store some of your makeup or hair stuff there so you don't have to transport it every day might be worth the extra cost (plus having to buy extra stuff).