Need a serious motivation partner!

Options
Hi all. I am looking for a serious motivation partner. I want someone to chat with about all the struggles and successes and someone to keep me on track and motivated. Of course I will do the same for you.

A little about me. I'm decently active, I just struggle with motivation. I'm looking to lose 25-30 pounds. I work in sports medicine and am working on a degree in nutrition and could talk your ear off about it.

Replies

• abcdcm143
    abcdcm143 Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for support too. I have 15-20 pounds to loose. I'm not having a great run at it the last couple of months so it's hard to stay motivated. Let me know if you are starting a group or what. Would love the extra accountability!
  • heyitskaydee
    heyitskaydee Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested!
  • AlexDH1208
    AlexDH1208 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I am looking for a serious motivation partner. I want someone to chat with about all the struggles and successes and someone to keep me on track and motivated. Of course I will do the same for you.

A little about me. I'm decently active, I just struggle with motivation. I'm looking to lose 25-30 pounds. I work in sports medicine and am working on a degree in nutrition and could talk your ear off about it.

I'm interested too! I have the same amount of weight to lose!

• LollipopsandSunshine
    LollipopsandSunshine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    @Jessielynnl Hey there! I could use support too and would love to connect and motivate each other and share advice!
  • charlotteddd
    charlotteddd Posts: 148 Member
    Options

I'm also interested! I'm a healthcare professional too (respiratory therapist). Looking to lose around 20lbs. Also pretty active-- I find it harder to stick to the diet side of diet and exercise.
  • gypsychic33
    gypsychic33 Posts: 79 Member
    Options

Hi I’m looking for some support and motivation too ! Feel free to talk my ear off, I have 50lbs to lose !
  • Jessielynnl
    Jessielynnl Posts: 118 Member
    Options

I'm also interested! I'm a healthcare professional too (respiratory therapist). Looking to lose around 20lbs. Also pretty active-- I find it harder to stick to the diet side of diet and exercise.

I'm okay with the diet part of things, of course with the occasional treat. But it's the exercise part I'm not so good with. With my job working me all the time I just never have the motivation.
  • Jessielynnl
    Options

Hi I’m looking for some support and motivation too ! Feel free to talk my ear off, I have 50lbs to lose !

I'm all about having as many people as possible for motivation and support!
  • charlotteddd
    Options

I'm okay with the diet part of things, of course with the occasional treat. But it's the exercise part I'm not so good with. With my job working me all the time I just never have the motivation.

Yeah, I can see how it would be hard to get to the gym or wherever if your job is already active. And as much as I said I don't find the exercise part as difficult I definitely skipped the gym today sooo...
  • charlotteddd
    Options
    Weird. It didn't let me send half of my comment, I think?

Do you make daily/weekly exercise and diet goals? Do you subscribe to any particular eating plan?
  • norcalichick395
    norcalichick395 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Lets do it!! I have a friend I met on here and we used to set daily/weekly competitions between each other to help us keep motivated! I love to workout but the diet part is the struggle for me, so maybe we can fill the gaps for one another. :smile:

Any goals you want to set for yourself this week?

• Jessielynnl
    Options
    Weird. It didn't let me send half of my comment, I think?

Do you make daily/weekly exercise and diet goals? Do you subscribe to any particular eating plan?

I don't have any particular diet plan that I follow except eating mostly unprocessed foods. I eat a TON of fresh fruit and veg. I'm aslo trying to reduce the amount of waste I have, so I avoid all plastic packaging. It makes me eat a lot healthier. For exercise I also don't stick a specific plan. I like to do yoga at home if I can't make it to the gym.
  • Jessielynnl
    Options
    Lets do it!! I have a friend I met on here and we used to set daily/weekly competitions between each other to help us keep motivated! I love to workout but the diet part is the struggle for me, so maybe we can fill the gaps for one another. :smile:

Definitely! My main struggle with exercise is actually getting to the gym or getting out to run. Once I get there I'm good and will do a full workout and enjoy it.

This week I want to get back to the gym after not having gone for a few months. What are your goals for the week?
  • Jessielynnl
    Options
    abcdcm143 wrote: »
    I'm looking for support too. I have 15-20 pounds to loose. I'm not having a great run at it the last couple of months so it's hard to stay motivated. Let me know if you are starting a group or what. Would love the extra accountability!

I haven't thought about making a group. But I'm all about helping to motivate!
  • Jessielynnl
    Options
    I'm very interested!

Okay! Let's motivate each other!!
  • Jessielynnl
    Options
    AlexDH1208 wrote: »

I'm interested too! I have the same amount of weight to lose!

Awesome!
  • norcalichick395
    norcalichick395 Posts: 12 Member
    Options

Definitely! My main struggle with exercise is actually getting to the gym or getting out to run. Once I get there I'm good and will do a full workout and enjoy it.

This week I want to get back to the gym after not having gone for a few months. What are your goals for the week?

Awesome!! One thing that helps me get to the gym is saying it’s only 30mins/1 hr of my life, perspective kinda helps. And if I really don’t feel like going I saw okay I’ll just go and do a lil bit and if I don’t want to do more I’ll come home.

My goal for this week is to finish my second week of beginner CrossFit classes and run another 3 miles.
  • Jessielynnl
    Options

Awesome!! One thing that helps me get to the gym is saying it’s only 30mins/1 hr of my life, perspective kinda helps. And if I really don’t feel like going I saw okay I’ll just go and do a lil bit and if I don’t want to do more I’ll come home.

My goal for this week is to finish my second week of beginner CrossFit classes and run another 3 miles.

I try my best not to let it be an excuse but most days I work 7 in the morning and don't get done until around 9 at night. So most days I'm exhausted from work and don't have energy to go. But I do hike and do other stuff on the weekend to try to make up for it.
  • juliebusymom
    juliebusymom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! I had the most creative excuses to avoid the gym last night and it worked because I didn't go. :( The excuses:
    1. I'm tired
    2. I had to drive my kids to youth group
    3. I'm peeling from a sunburn and felt self-conscious
    4. I had to make supper, do dishes so I did enough
    5. I already went out to pick up a book at the library

etc...
      ugh...I always do this. Excuses in the evening, remorse in the morning for not going. Anyone else do this? I need to SUCK.IT.UP.
    6. ninerbuff
      ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
      Options
      Motivation is internal. Regardless of how much encouragement, inspiration, and cheering on one gets for their peers, unless THEY want to do it, it just words. Reassess why you want this and then MAKE A SPECIFIC PLAN to follow daily. The more you follow the plan, the easier it becomes routine.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
      IDEA Fitness member
      Kickboxing Certified Instructor
      Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png