Replies

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots!
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots with hummus. That's my every work day, afternoon snack.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes. The unimpressive untrendy salad tomatoes. I grab and eat them like apples all day without any preparation or add-ins. When I was a child and we went grocery shopping, I would run directly to the tomatoes "mommy don't forget tomatoes". One would think a child would be more interested in sweets, but not me! I loved sweets but they weren't "essential", but if we didn't have tomatoes I used to proclaim "we don't have any food in the house!". I still feel that way and eat at least a pound of them a day.

When I was a kid, I used to eat tomatoes off the vine so much, they would give me canker sores. :open_mouth:
  • MishellKay
    MishellKay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Cucumbers and tomatoes right now.... BUT celery with a little nut butter is also good!
  • mutantspicy
    Options
    You guys/gals inspired my snack today.

• holytricoli
    holytricoli Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My favorite fresh veggies to eat plain are red/yellow peppers and cherry tomatoes.
    Sliced tomatoes or cucumbers with seasoning salt are also delicious.
  • MsSGriff1
    MsSGriff1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I decided to go plant based for the month of March, and I've loved it so much I've just adopted it. I still eat cheese and eggs, but I haven't had meat in over a month. My favorite raw veggies are broccoli, snap peas, carrots, and bell pepper slices. I have recently found this dressing that is amazing too. It has a thicker texture, but I love the taste. The texture is something I quickly got use to. It's just different. It was hard to find, because it's in the produce section as it must be kept cold prior to opening

t7o7bixzu677.jpg
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Love a lot of what other's have said but one of my favourite is mushrooms which I also find quite filling.
  • mutantspicy
    Options
    MsSGriff1 wrote: »
    I decided to go plant based for the month of March, and I've loved it so much I've just adopted it. I still eat cheese and eggs, but I haven't had meat in over a month. My favorite raw veggies are broccoli, snap peas, carrots, and bell pepper slices. I have recently found this dressing that is amazing too. It has a thicker texture, but I love the taste. The texture is something I quickly got use to. It's just different. It was hard to find, because it's in the produce section as it must be kept cold prior to opening

t7o7bixzu677.jpg

That looks delicious!
  • SunBunzz
    SunBunzz Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to grape tomatoes (as long as they're fresh) but I also love chewing pieces of fresh red cabbage. Helps the craving for crunchy snacks like chips. Both of which you can dip in light ranch dressing, or any dressing you like for extra flavor. Fresh cucumbers are great, and I also love broccoli.

Eating too many tomatoes can cause stomach upset. So eat in moderation. (due to the acid inside)
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Red peppers. I actually had to give myself a stern talking-to and a week’s break from the things, on realising I was getting through half a pepper a day and I used to have a food intolerance to them...

Especially nice with just a little bit of peanut butter or other Asian flavours.
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    ap1972 wrote: »
    Love a lot of what other's have said but one of my favourite is mushrooms which I also find quite filling.

Yes! I forgot about mushrooms. I love raw mushrooms.
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Zucchini chips (dehydrated zucchini)
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Carrots and cucumber! I could munch em all day
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Red Bell Peppers <3 and celery
  • auroralite2
    auroralite2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My favourite ones are carrot and celery. I was just thinking that I should get some fennel again. It tastes like aniseed and is great paired with oranges.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    Someone said Jicama, one of my favorites for hummus (along with red peppers and green beans). Would someone else please tell Kroger to stop refrigerating Jicama!! It's a dang potato for Pete's sake! You're ruining good Jicama!

Jicama salad with fresh Pineapple, a dressing made with fresh lime/olive oil and frozen pineapple/OJ juice with some cilantro & garlic - amazing pairing with any grill out items.

Love me some fennel too. Very underrated vegetable.
  • mutantspicy
    Options
    yeah I've never tried Jicama, there's been several mentions. And Fennel is easy to forget about. But decent Iron and Potassium, which are always hard to come by for Vegetarians.

I think tomorrow, I'm going to put some asparagus tops in my mix. Love asparagus but I don't usually eat it raw. I usually lightly steam or grill it.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    baby carrots
    celery
    sugar snap peas
    broccoli
    cauliflower
    cucumber

I haven't had jicama in ages; I need to get me some.