Death by workouts

Options
Every time I work out I get 10 minutes in and i feel like im dying. Advice on keeping your breath or not feeling like your muscles are immediately cramped?

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    What workouts are you doing?
  • Saaski
    Saaski Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    It's possible you're going too hard too soon. What are you doing? What was your activity like before you started working out?
  • stephentessla
    stephentessla Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing, pilates running HIIT. The only exercise i accomplish without the pain is brisk walking.
  • stephentessla
    Options
    I am 4 mo. Postparyum and i was LAZY the whole nine months. Ive been actively trying for two months.
  • gvizzle74
    gvizzle74 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hydrate and start slower. ease into it - do what you can. rome wasn't built in day
  • stephentessla
    Options
    *Postpartum
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing, pilates running HIIT. The only exercise i accomplish without the pain is brisk walking.

Did you go from doing nothing to doing those things? It's okay to only do exercises you actually enjoy.

Did you take a beginner's kickboxing class for example, to break into it? What about Pilates?

You mentioned running, how did you approach it? Did you just decide to run, or did you use a program like C25K?
  • Saaski
    Saaski Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Then start with that and build up. If you haven't done concrete activity for almost a year, rushing into a high intensity cardio workout is probably too much.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Start with easier/shorter workouts and build up to more intense/longer sessions. Look for beginner workouts.
    If you are going from pretty sedentary to exercise maybe walking 15-30 minutes would be a good way to start getting more active.
  • stephentessla
    Options
    I use youtube videos for my 'classes" ialways try to find a beginner video. Maybe I could cut down the ammount of time i follow each move?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Do walks for now until you build up some stamina, it takes time to build fitness.

Also if you use youtube for workouts, Jessica Smith has a lot of more less intense/easier workouts, start with those and work your way up to more intense over time.
  • stephentessla
    Options
    My goals are to lose my c section. Shelf and tone up all around im loosing weight i was 171 and now 143. But i just want to lose the overall jiggle my body has attained and become more solid
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yep, the more you do, the better you get.
  • stephentessla
    Options
    Thank you all for your knowledge
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Slow down. Interval training aside (which by definition should leave you feeling a bit sapped after a short amount of time), your cardio work should mostly be done at an effort level that you could theoretically maintain for an extended period of time (at least 30 minutes, if not up to 45-60).

You should be fully conversational during your steady state cardio work. If you're not specifically doing intensity work and can't speak in complete sentences during a workout, you're pushing too hard.