Having fun but kinda stuck

Options
Fairly new to MFP...Hello!!!

I was doing great at first lost a couple pounds a week for about 6 weeks. Then came vacation and a couple of fun weekends and now I have been stuck for 6 weeks at the same weight. Any advice? Looking for some more friends to help keep me motivated :)

Replies

• momof2sb
    Options
    hey i am totally feeling your pain... i started this on june 3rd and have only lost 8 pounds....i only had 20 pounds to lose in all but i feel like i;ve been stuck at the same weight forever.... my husband the fitness freak told me i need to up my work outs because my body is just getting used to doing the same thing.. so i am planning on doing something more intense.. hoping it works :)
  • gpadden
    gpadden Posts: 4
    Options
    Yeah I definitely think keeping the workouts consistent 2-3 times a week will help burn the "extra" calories. I am trying to lose a pound a week and also need to stick to my calorie goal. I have been going over my allotted calories by a bit each day which isnt helping. My trouble started when I went on vacation a few weeks ago and still ate better than I would have in the past but still had too many calories to burn off any weight. I gained about 4 lbs back in 2 weeks but it came back off pretty quickly and I have been able to get back down to my pre-vacation weight of 182. Thanks for the advice!
  • momof2sb
    Options
    yeah i had days where i went out with friends and just didn't count calories those days but i have been working out 7 days a week. Going back to work after being a stay at home mom for the last 5 years.. so nervous of how i'm going to find the energy to keep up!
  • ladyslippers13
    Options
    Hey guys, I definitely understand what you are going through. Plateauing is so frustrating. Try mixing up your workouts instead of doing the same thing every time- for cardio do elliptical this time, treadmill next time, stair-master the next etc. Make sure to mix up your strength building too. Don't be afraid to try new types of workouts as well, like a martial art, yoga, spinning or kickboxing. It isn't always about how intense your workout is, sometimes it's that your body gets accustomed to a certain amount of calories along with a certain workout routine.
    Also, be careful of "working off the extra calories". Exercise machines are notoriously bad about overestimating the amount of calories you have burned. Its a sneaky thing that can throw you off your goal without you even knowing why its happening. Hope this helps!
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    Check the foods you're eating. Are you eating the right foods that help you burn calories like fresh fruits and vegetables or are you filling up on empty calories eg fast foods, suguary pastries etc.?
  • gpadden
    gpadden Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey Ladies, thanks for the feedback!! I think it boils down to sticking to my calorie goal and keeping consistent with the workouts. I am eating well fruits and veggies and low calorie snacks but since the vaca I have been "cheating" more than before I went away and have not kept up on my work outs. Just needed a little kick start, some sort of change or motivating words from people who are going thru the same.

Cheers!