Condiments Condiments and more Condiments!

Options
So I count calories / macros and follow IIFYM also. When I try to make my own salad dressings, they taste very disgusting. I can never get the ratios correct and I end up just wasting products. So I just use store-bought condiments but I always use the serving size or less than a serving size, but I still measure everything. Will this stop my weight loss or have a big effect?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calorie and nutrition goals then I don't see how it would have any affect on your weight loss. I use bottled dressings all the time. I just have to make them fit.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    As long as you're logging the condiments and including them in your calories for the day, they won't stop your weight loss at all. Lots of people use purchased condiments while losing weight -- I had hot sauce just about daily and also had things like mustard, ketchup, and mayo frequently.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Nope! For weight loss, it's all about the calories. And if you're hitting your macros, that's the point of IIFYM - eat what you want as long as your numbers line up :)
  • MissMingLeee
    MissMingLeee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your calorie and nutrition goals then I don't see how it would have any affect on your weight loss. I use bottled dressings all the time. I just have to make them fit.

Thank you. I've fallen off the wagon so many times and this is the only thing that works for me where I'm satisfied and not deprived. I just want to finally see my goals and not sabotage!
  • MissMingLeee
    MissMingLeee Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    As long as you're logging the condiments and including them in your calories for the day, they won't stop your weight loss at all. Lots of people use purchased condiments while losing weight -- I had hot sauce just about daily and also had things like mustard, ketchup, and mayo frequently.

Thank you! I usually use ranch and Italian dressing, wing sauce & occasionally syrup. I log it all & make it work. So people are great at making their own need not so much LOL. It just tastes like a bunch of oil!
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I just quit using dressings all together. The right ingredients in a salad and you don't need dressing. Now if I try to eat dressing it taste horrible to me. If that doesn't work out for you put the dressing on the side and dip your fork in the dressing before you pick up the food. That way you have a bit of dressing and much lower amount of calories. I like the idea of eating more food so eliminating certain condiments in my diet has been great for me. It's not for everyone though.

If you're in a deficit you will be fine.