Yoga with Adrienne

Options
One game changer I implemented this year is daily yoga. I usually work out really hard (cardio and strength training) and I feel like the morning yoga helps me greatly reduce the risk of injuries. Also, it just feels great to be more flexible and feel more calm and peaceful. A terrific and free resource if you want to try yoga is "Yoga with Adrienne" on YouTube. She has almost 3 million subscribers and probably hundreds of videos for all kinds of yoga practices. You're welcome. :smile:

Namaste

Replies

• jbs3710
    jbs3710 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've done some beginning yoga with her videos and I have enjoyed it as well. I need to add some of that to my exercise ideas. Thanks for the advice.
  • Shadowfox429
    Shadowfox429 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    She is wonderful. I have been following her videos for a couple years now.

I am currently doing her True 30 Day Challenge!
    It’s great! Been really pushing me to be consistent with my daily practice! I just completed day 12 today!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I like her videos as well. If you haven't tried incorporating some Yin before bed, I highly recommend. Fightmaster Yoga has some good videos.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    My honey loves her and recommend her highly.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I 've started her True 30 day challenge few days ago and I am enjoying it so far .I 've done some yoga sporadically but have same as you made a decision to do it daily to prevent injuries I am doing Stronglifts and c210k 3x a week.
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love Yoga with Adriene! She has a great personality for at home yoga.

My only complaint is that most of her videos are a little too slow for me. It's perfect for when I need to stretch out or calm my mind, but sometimes I want more of a challenge, and I have a hard time finding yoga videos like that with her.
  • Gutcutter500
    Gutcutter500 Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    I was also ambivalent about yoga but I am doing the "30 days of Yoga" with Adriene and really enjoying it. Those 30 minutes FLY by. I am still fairly inflexible from a relatively recent knee injury. (I refuse to say too stiff...lol) I am sure that I will continue after these 30 days.
  • micheledelliott
    micheledelliott Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new to yoga but I love doing it at home with Adriene's beginner videos. I work from home and as soon as everyone goes to school and work, the first thing I do is get out my mat, turn on YouTube on my TV and do a bit of Yoga with Adriene. It's a great way to unwind from the stressful morning and get in a good place for the rest of the day. Please feel free to friend me!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Thanks for mentioning this, I've been meaning to get back into yoga again but I'm so needing to go back to basics.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I love Yoga with Adriene! I try to do one of her videos every day after work.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    I agree with the injury protection. Some months ago, I experimented working out without a yoga warm up and cool down in order to save time, and after two weeks, I felt aches, pains, and sprains that I did not normally experience. I went right back to pre- and post- stretches. I love all of Adrienne's videos, and her comments are always so amusing. I do try other yoga videos I find through random searches because all yogis have something unique to offer, but YWA is my number one go-to.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    She is my favorite yogi by far! I've done her 30-day challence multiple times, never get longer than 17-20 but I've done those first ones so many times
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    I love Yoga with Adriene! She has a great personality for at home yoga.

My only complaint is that most of her videos are a little too slow for me. It's perfect for when I need to stretch out or calm my mind, but sometimes I want more of a challenge, and I have a hard time finding yoga videos like that with her.

Likewise. Have you tried any of the Floating Yoga School videos? If you like Vinyasa yoga, I highly recommend them.
  • Eire228
    Eire228 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @DamienAngelica I have not tried that, thank you for the recommendation! I love vinyasa, so I will check it out soon. :)
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I've been looking for local and convenient beginner yoga classes, I will have to check her out.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Eire228 wrote: »
    @DamienAngelica I have not tried that, thank you for the recommendation! I love vinyasa, so I will check it out soon. :)

You're welcome! This is my favorite practice:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9ZRvdbG54H4

She has a very relaxed teaching style with easy to follow instructions and her flow sequences make physical sense. I've tried a few YouTube videos where the transitions are awkward and feel off.