Step goal 10,000 daily

Options
Hi I’m just trying to get back into working out. I have had knee troubles in the past. So starting with walking.

So my goal is to walk 10,000 steps or more a day. In the morning a 1 minute plank.
Wednesday march 21 st is my first day. At the end of your day enter in how many steps and an exercise you do before bed.

Replies

• paddydiver24
    paddydiver24 Posts: 567 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    My diary and exercise log is open...take a look any time. Usually log 20,000 steps. I use Garmin, what do you use?
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Congrats on making this pledge. I try to average ~10,000 steps/day over a week. Some days it just ain't gonna happen, but other days I'll get 20,000+. I use Garmin for tracking (Forerunner 235 - also my GPS watch).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    17Olson wrote: »
    Hi I’m just trying to get back into working out. I have had knee troubles in the past. So starting with walking.

So my goal is to walk 10,000 steps or more a day. In the morning a 1 minute plank.
    Wednesday march 21 st is my first day. At the end of your day enter in how many steps and an exercise you do before bed.

It depends on the day, but I'm usually somewhere between 8,000 and 10,000 steps daily with walking my dog in the morning and then just general activity throughout the day.

I usually cycle 3-5 days per week depending on life and other goings on and typically lift weights 2x per week...typically 5-7 days of deliberate moderate exercise on top of my walking and steps.

Note however that I've been doing this for over 5 years...I started out just walking my dog and with general activity and added more strenuous exercise slowly, over time.
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I started with 2500 and now average at least 15,000 sometimes around 20,000 a day. The only exercise I do is take the dog for a walk before bed. I go to bed pretty early now between 8:30 and 10 pm at the latest which is new for me. I also get up at 5:15 in the morning to walk the dog. I also do weights. I was doing the elliptical but can't because I am in an ankle boot.
  • 17Olson
    17Olson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My diary and exercise log is open...take a look any time. Usually log 20,000 steps. I use Garmin, what do you use?

• 17Olson
    Options

• 17Olson
    Options
    I use a Garmin also
  • Time2LoseTheWait
    Time2LoseTheWait Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I also have a 10k step goal everyday. I was surprised to find how effective walking can be for losing weight.