Step tracker -Samsung Health

Options
strelz_79
strelz_79 Posts: 9 Member
Anyone using Samsung health? If so our your steps logging? I'm new to the site and its states its connected yet I dont see my steps anywhere.

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I am using Google Fit to track my steps. I have the Fit app on my Android Wear watch that acts as a pedometer so I don't need to have my phone on me at all times.

It's good for steps but I have however turned off activity tracking on Google Fit as it seems ridiculously generous with exercise calories. For example I'll go for a bike ride, my Strava app will say I've burned 200 calories and Google Fit will say something like 500. It's also a pain activities will be added to MFP twice. Once by the app that tracked it and a second time by Google Fit.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Oh and the other reason to turn off activity tracking on Google Fit (if you choose to track your steps that way) is that occasionally it will randomly add running activities that didn't occur.

I suspect what happens is that location tracking gets patchy so sees the sudden movements when it does update as 'running' so creates an activity.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    MFP is runnning maintenance, so steps are not syncing right now.
  • strelz_79
    Options
    MFP is runnning maintenance, so steps are not syncing right now.

Thank you! I thought I was just not able to figure out the app.
  • aprilllucas38
    aprilllucas38 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! Hope it's fixed soon!
  • strelz_79
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! Hope it's fixed soon!

So do I
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    It isn't the most friendly app with MFP. Workouts seem to transfer ok but it's hit and miss on other things. Sometimes it exchanges food info from MFP back to Samsung and other times not so much regardless of sync's.