Food Failures

Options
beaglady
beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
edited April 2018 in Food and Nutrition
We’ve all had those bright ideas that just didn’t turn out as well as hoped.

My latest fail was Greek yogurt mixed with PB2, chia seeds and bananas. Not too bad, but I mixed up two separate containers, with the intention of adding banana to the second one right before I ate it. Well, there were no more bananas, and the combination of PB2 and chia made the yogurt into a stiff glumphy paste. Not very good.

Share your failed foods here.

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    i am currently in the process of making extremely pathetic shriveled up sad carrot fries. Aparently baby carrots dont work well at all, No skin to protect moisture loss and the cuts had to be to tiny to begin with. My large bowl of veggies is now a tiny sad little pile
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I made a beautiful creamy tikka masala sauce... then thought "Hmmm, I'd like to add a bit of sweetness!". Dumped 2 tsp of Truvia into it and tasted it... waaay too sweet. Argh. On the bright side, it seems to have mellowed out quite a bit now that it's been in the fridge overnight.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I was making soda bread when I realized my baking soda was way too old for baking, so I googled it and found the ratio to substitute baking powder. Then I got the bright idea to add some agave to make it a little sweet. Nope, nope, nope. The outside was a rock and the inside was gummy, it was not a pleasant experience.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I just poured the freshly made chocolate tapioca pudding into the bowl I just had eaten spinach soup from :D

Ok well. You kinda deserve what you got from that one lol
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I just poured the freshly made chocolate tapioca pudding into the bowl I just had eaten spinach soup from :D

Ok well. You kinda deserve what you got from that one lol
    Yeah, I brought it on myself :#
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I add a little bit of coconut extract to my smoothies, and one day I was out so I decided to add a squirt of pineapple orange banana Tang water enhancer. I added way too much, it was vile.
  • BonnieSeelinger
    BonnieSeelinger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    saragd012 wrote: »
    I was making soda bread when I realized my baking soda was way too old for baking, so I googled it and found the ratio to substitute baking powder. Then I got the bright idea to add some agave to make it a little sweet. Nope, nope, nope. The outside was a rock and the inside was gummy, it was not a pleasant experience.

Baking soda goes bad????
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt + chocolate anything = failure

I add cacoa powder to my Greek yoghurt then add some fresh fruit and nuts. Yummo.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + fresh Kiwis

Sour and a gross consistency.

My cooking teacher would be disappointed in me. She repeats the old mantra "no kiwi or ananas with milk" pretty much at every lesson. I know why now...
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,505 Member
    Options
    I was completely doubting my oven abilities as oven fries would turn out burnt on the outside, yet half raw on the inside. Same with cake and bread. Turned out my oven was broken and running with at least 40 degrees C more than I set it to.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    saragd012 wrote: »

Baking soda goes bad????

I don't know if it goes bad necessarily, but I've found that baked goods don't rise as well when you use really old baking soda. So I will use the older boxes for cleaning instead. In hindsight given how terrible my bread turned out I probably would have been better off sticking with the older baking soda.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Greek yogurt + fresh Kiwis

Sour and a gross consistency.

My cooking teacher would be disappointed in me. She repeats the old mantra "no kiwi or ananas with milk" pretty much at every lesson. I know why now...

Or grapefruit. I tried that one in my greek yogurt once. Ew.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    kpsyche wrote: »
    Baby formula in my coffee. Trust me, it's NOT good

I believe you. But WHY did you try this in the first place?!?

yeah I wanna know that too as it is totally gross :/