Close to 2 years Post op VSG...NOW WHAT?

Hello all my fellow palers. I am a VSG pt. I had my surgery 2016 May. My initial goal was to get to 170lbs. I began at 280. I am now 158-160. I know what you're going to say...but you've reached goal. Yes this is true. I have set a new goal however and that is to get to at least 148. I am getting married in 2019 and I want to not only loose this last 12 pounds, but I also want to tone up as much of my abdominal area as possible.(I really don't want to wear a gurtile. They are not the most comfortable. I know beauty is pain however comfort is more important to me.)
I need help setting a routine for the gym. I go to my gym at my job 5 days a week at 40 minutes each day ( I go during my lunch break at work) and mostly do elliptical and treadmill and stairs. I do the occasional reps on the weight machine but that's basically it. I have a membership at Planet fitness and plan to go there on the weekends and some days I have off. I work Monday through Friday 8am to 7pm in a hospital, so you know my life is pretty hectic to say the least.
I have to be open with you all and let you know that I do suffer from anxiety. I have to motivation to go but the thought of being there by myself scares me. I live in an area that finding parking is like finding the holy grail. Once you have a spot, you better not move until the next day. It takes me close to 20 minutes just to end up finding parking close to 6 blocks or more away from my apartment. I purchased a bike to ride to the gym but the weather has been terrible. I get scared riding in the rain let alone snow or at night ( NY drivers are not the most courteous on the road).
So back to me wanting to loose the 12 pounds. I need help. Any pointers to jump my metabolism? Food, snacks gym routine? I am finding that I am getting hungry faster. This app has given me a breakdown of what my goals for each are but still I am finding myself grazing. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You don't have to exercise to lose weight, and you can't "jump" your metabolism, you can eat anything you want, you must eat at calorie deficit, and MFP and a food scale, along with patience, honesty and commitment, are your best tools.
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Congrats on hitting goal and maintaining below! I'd keep it simple, take a weekend and go back to protein shakes and fluids. Then on Monday, do a salad with protein for lunch and dinner, shake for the other meal/snack. Maybe add an extra bottle of water in a day. If you've been in maintenance a while, it shouldn't take much to switch things up a little and start your losing again. Good luck!