Do you guys log the calories in vitamins that you take?

Replies

• alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    Calcium chews - yes, multivitamin - no
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Unless you are hiding your vitamin in a Snicker's bar to fool yourself, no you don't need to log it calorie-wise, it's in the noise.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    I do not.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,135 Member
    No, I don't and never did or will. It will be an over kill for me and I don't want to be that OCD with my logging.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    NO, because I'm a sloppy logger. It's accounted for in my goals.

But you'll never hear me suggest to someone that being sloppy is the right solution. It works for me, but It's inefficient. It also works for me because I'm relatively active in my non lifestyle time. I'm sedentary occupationally, but I generally run or walk 3-5 miles 5 or 6 days a week. I also do strength training. Quite a bit of that doesn't get logged or eaten.

You've got to figure out what works for you. IF you can afford slop and progress good for you... IF you can't. Tighten it up.

Agreed. I tend to think that the most important part of logging is consistency, not precision. If you're consistent, you can adjust based on your results as needed. It's impossible to measure calories with perfect accuracy anyhow - there are simply too many variables - but it's certainly possible to be consistent.

To the OP's point, I take D, iron, and folic acid supplements that don't have calories listed so I don't log them. I started taking fish oil a couple of weeks ago and hadn't been logging it until someone pointed out that it can have up to 70 calories per dose, which did increase my blood pressure momentarily. Turns out the brand I got is 20 calories per dose, but I'll probably still log it going forward.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    I log as a reminder to take them. But thinking about it, I also am glad I log as I look at my micros at times, and they would be off if I didn't log.

Don't care about the calories. At 15 a day it's just noise.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,885 Member
    I log fish oil, and the blackstrap molasses I take in addition to iron supplements. (Those I don't log.) The first two add up to 57 calories, so I think it's worth logging.
  • DavidJohnson29
    DavidJohnson29 Posts: 14 Member
    yes, especially fish oil--i take 1g pills so that counts as 9 calories
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    I created a meal of my vitamins/supplements just to remind me to take them. The calories aren't really my worry, it's the remembering to take them!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    I don’t log minimal exercises like walking, gardening, yard work as that is all pretty normal for me. I also don’t log vitamins or gum. I figure it all is close enough. I already feel pretty obsessive counting calories.
  • Martinez83014
    Martinez83014 Posts: 21 Member
    alcomer wrote: »
    Calcium chews - yes, multivitamin - no

It's a multi and hair/skin/nails
  • Martinez83014
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I created a meal of my vitamins/supplements just to remind me to take them. The calories aren't really my worry, it's the remembering to take them!

I tried this for a few days, I think that's how I'm going to continue.
  • Martinez83014
    edited April 2018
    mulecanter wrote: »
    Unless you are hiding your vitamin in a Snicker's bar to fool yourself, no you don't need to log it calorie-wise, it's in the noise.

I just died. Lol
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    I log my multi-- but it has no calories. Mostly, I log it as a reminder to take it (whether it's necessary or not...).
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    I log mine as a way to remember to take them
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    I log the calcium/ Vit D supplement, as it has 8 cals. That's very little cals, but I want to be as honest as I can re: caloric intake. I sure wouldn't be upset if it caused me to go 8 cals over daily allowance though.
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    I log the four things I take daily under Snacks, copying it every morning from the day before. Multivitamins, fiber powder, and vitamin D. For the calories and the nutrients.
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    No. I want to know how I am doing on vitamins without multi. Mine is 10 calories and I don't track it.
  • WillingtoLose1001984
    WillingtoLose1001984 Posts: 240 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't know if anyone has asked this already, but I'm not sure if I should log them or not.

I do. Gummy vitamins and oils can add some calories! I add more for miconutrients.
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    No, but I'm only a sporadic logger anyway.