Tiny Success

Options
Today I noticed something different about my behaviour.

I ordered a takeaway, as Fridays are typically my cheat day. I ate half of the food before getting full. Ordinarily, I would continue to eat until the plate was empty, not wanting to waste the food. I would get a stomach ache, and feel bloated, sick, and ashamed. Today, however, I stood up and carried my plate to the bin, and threw away my leftovers.

Not being able to leave food is something I have always struggled with, and have gone so far as to discuss in counselling sessions. This small change in my behaviour shocked me, as it suddenly came so naturally, and I did not feel compelled to force myself to finish the meal. I am so proud of myself. Usually cheat days fill me with self-loathing, but today I feel content and happy to continue eating well tomorrow.

I want to know: what are your small victories? What, to you, is a tiny success? :smile:

Replies

• 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Mine is being able to walk right by the candy aisle in the grocery store, or not pick up a candy bar in the check out line. I'm rather surprised that it's become pretty easy and normal.
  • MertKayKay
    MertKayKay Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm very happy for you! :smile: Building control over impulse is so, so difficult. <3 well done.