Options

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Greek yogurt + fresh Kiwis

Sour and a gross consistency.

My cooking teacher would be disappointed in me. She repeats the old mantra "no kiwi or ananas with milk" pretty much at every lesson. I know why now...

Or grapefruit. I tried that one in my greek yogurt once. Ew.

:sick:

I can just imagine...
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Well, my chocolate seized today :( does that count? I surprised myself because I'm hard to upset, and this upset me.

A hug from me. Anyone would be upset by that. :disappointed:
  • ladyreva78
    Options
    Well, my chocolate seized today :( does that count? I surprised myself because I'm hard to upset, and this upset me.

A hug from me. Anyone would be upset by that. :disappointed:

I grabbed the wrong spoon to stir the melted chocolate. A freshly washed one which had water on it. The chocolate was for this sad bunny on the left. I didn't even put effort into that because I was upset. But I'm fine now because the baked milk turned out perfect.
    zh0tkqko4f8g.jpg

Oh my, but that all does look yummy (even the sad bunny)!
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I made baking powder biscuits recently. For some reason I grabbed baking soda instead of baking powder. Yeah, those went in the trash.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt + fresh Kiwis

Sour and a gross consistency.

My cooking teacher would be disappointed in me. She repeats the old mantra "no kiwi or ananas with milk" pretty much at every lesson. I know why now...

? My smoothie breakfast that I have several days each week has 4 oz of kefir and a whole banana, along with other stuff, and everything plays nice together.
  • goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt + chocolate anything = failure

What blasphemy is this.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    My worst ever was something called "Chippy Fish" - fish fillets battered in a crumbled potato chips & mayo concoction. I thought it sounded different yet promising, but it was just wretched. This was years ago and not a healthier recipe, obviously.

Dorie Greenspan cookie recipes are normally on point, but the Speculoos were a waste of time & ingredients.

Overnight oats aren't my thing either. I have tried several different recipes/varieties. I do like to prep Greek yogurt with some oats, fruit, maybe a little ground flax or chia seed, and then mix & eat in the morning. But when it involves more liquid, the oats take on a pasty weird texture I do not like and I feel like I can barely choke it down. Yuck.
  • pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Lemon chicken. Only thing is I didn't know how much lemon to use. I thought one whole lemon couldn't hurt....boy was I wrong. Ewwww!!!!
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Air fryer homemade paleo sweet potato tater tots (mashed sweet potatos, coconut flour, egg and other random spices). This was by far the most disgusting thing ever and went straight into the trash.

I am an air fryer hater as everything I have tried (other than pre-processed food) has been terrible!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    madwells1 wrote: »
    Air fryer homemade paleo sweet potato tater tots (mashed sweet potatos, coconut flour, egg and other random spices). This was by far the most disgusting thing ever and went straight into the trash.

I am an air fryer hater as everything I have tried (other than pre-processed food) has been terrible!!

I feel the same way.

I am also a slow cooker hater. I've had at least 5 different Crock Pots through the years, and I'm fine with using them for things I watch like a hawk such as beans, soup/stew, or apple butter. Also great for keeping dips hot for parties. But when it comes to "throw in a few ingredients and some meat" meals, I haven't had good experiences. It's either undercooked or burnt and gooey. Is it just me? (I usually do well with any recipe, unless it's a slow cooker meal)

• LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I feel the same way.

I am also a slow cooker hater. I've had at least 5 different Crock Pots through the years, and I'm fine with using them for things I watch like a hawk such as beans, soup/stew, or apple butter. Also great for keeping dips hot for parties. But when it comes to "throw in a few ingredients and some meat" meals, I haven't had good experiences. It's either undercooked or burnt and gooey. Is it just me? (I usually do well with any recipe, unless it's a slow cooker meal)

It's not just you. I gave my crockpot to Goodwill. Hated that thing. I think most slow cooker recipes, especially the ones on Pinterest are horribly overrated and most are just downright terrible.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I feel the same way.

I got an instant pot and haven't looked back. Except for stew meat, I really don't like slow cooked meat.
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    kpsyche wrote: »
    Baby formula in my coffee. Trust me, it's NOT good

I believe you. But WHY did you try this in the first place?!?

I thought it might be a good substitute for milk :/
  • inkyspambot
    inkyspambot Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    2-Ingredient Low-Carb Pasta,Mozzarella and an egg,just no Lol

• GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I made a low calorie chocolate ice cream in the ice cream maker. It had bananas, dates, cocoa and milk. Blech!! Do not try this at home!