The Face Problem

Options

Replies

• saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    noumena_ wrote: »
    Well I'm editing this post cause I just went on a rant, and that's not what I'm here for. Awesome weight loss, OP. I bet you look beautiful regardless of what they say.

Sorry I missed your rant.

You are so sweet. Thank you.
  • saraonly9913
    Options
    "You are losing too much weight" is only a fact when it comes from a trained medical professional.
    "Your face doesn't look good" is not a fact, it is a perception.

People can feel free to express their opinions but should also be prepared for the reactions and consequences--which are likely that other people find you to be rude.

Great points!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people feel a need or right to say this, but they do and I'm sorry you have to deal with it. What is your height and weight? Is there any possibility they might be right? I ask this only because there's been more than one thread on here like this by people who were at the bottom of their weight range.
  • saraonly9913
    Options
    If they meant well but said it badly, forgive them their ignorance.
    If they meant bad, that's another story.
    If you're not sure, just figure maybe they meant well.

I don't think they meant it badly. Forgiving is the wise thing to do. Thank you.
  • saraonly9913
    Options
    MoiAussi93 wrote: »
    Catherine Deneuve once said that "at a certain age you must choose between your face and your @ss."

As others have already pointed out, fat plumps the skin and hides wrinkles making your face look better. But...nothing in life is free...so if you have that few extra pounds of fat that make your face prettier, your *kitten* will most likely be a little bigger.

You can either go for the small @ss and accept the more obvious wrinkles, or accept a few more pounds with a slightly higher goal weight. (Obviously, I'm talking about people at a healthy weight in which a few pounds one way or the other is cosmetic and not a health risk.) The choice is yours. Don't worry about what other people think.

Uhh. I'm not exactly happy with my @ss either but I can hide that more! Lol
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Oh, and all about the anti aging creams. I have been complimented more than once on the condition of my skin. I was asked about my regimen. I said “nothing”. Actually it is a combination of genetics and nothing. No smoking, no sun, no drinking.
  • saraonly9913
    Options
    Jrpwgr wrote: »
    Honesty and being rude are two totally different things
    You're right. Honesty is stating facts, and whether someone is being rude is an opinion.
    It is a fact that sara is looking older, she is shocked at it herself and says so. So others notice this fact. When they notice this fact and talk about it, it's your opinion they are being rude. You don't want them to notice the facts. Why?

Most people call 'rude' just those facts they aren't comfortable hearing.
    You just don't like what someone has to say, so you call it rude, so you don't have to feel uncomfortable. That's the paradigm. But you aren't the boss of them. They live in the world too, and their mouths and their opinions are theirs, not yours to control. And calling people rude over THEIR notice of a fact, is just a way to try to shut them up to keep YOU from feeling uncomfortable about the facts. It makes you feel better to call them rude when they notice the FACT of your weight loss, because you feel bad about yourself.

You know, this is a common type of post though on MPF, that "OMG someone said something to me about my weight loss!" and people like you jump in with 'THEY ARE BEING RUDE" because you can't control what other people see or do or say and oh my, you want to. That raises a very interesting psychological question. We are in the weight loss predicament we are in now, because we have no SELF control, and we are learning self-control and discipline. So while we are learning internal self-control, I think we try to project our control onto others, and control every external aspect about our weight loss as well. So we want to try to control what others say and think about our weight loss journeys. That's not possible.
    We should get back on track with our own control and let others control themselves.

[/quote]

Yes , no one is rude in the world we are all just honest pockets full of fu*cking sunshine :)
    [/quote]
    You're right. Honesty is stating facts, and whether someone is being rude is an opinion.
    It is a fact that sara is looking older, she is shocked at it herself and says so. So others notice this fact. When they notice this fact and talk about it, it's your opinion they are being rude. You don't want them to notice the facts. Why?

You just don't like what someone has to say, so you call it rude, so you don't have to feel uncomfortable. That's the paradigm. But you aren't the boss of them. They live in the world too, and their mouths and their opinions are theirs, not yours to control. And calling people rude over THEIR notice of a fact, is just a way to try to shut them up to keep YOU from feeling uncomfortable about the facts. It makes you feel better to call them rude when they notice the FACT of your weight loss, because you feel bad about yourself.

You know, this is a common type of post though on MPF, that "OMG someone said something to me about my weight loss!" and people like you jump in with 'THEY ARE BEING RUDE" because you can't control what other people see or do or say and oh my, you want to. That raises a very interesting psychological question. We are in the weight loss predicament we are in now, because we have no SELF control, and we are learning self-control and discipline. So while we are learning internal self-control, I think we try to project our control onto others, and control every external aspect about our weight loss as well. So we want to try to control what others say and think about our weight loss journeys. That's not possible.
    We should get back on track with our own control and let others control themselves.

[/quote]

Yes , no one is rude in the world we are all just honest pockets full of fu*cking sunshine :)
    [/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Insightful post. Lol @ your last quote!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Start taking collagen capsules as directed. Good for joints too. Get them at costco....large bottle.
    Do what you do and do it for YOUR well being not to please others!
  • saraonly9913
    Options
    Sometimes skin will tighten back up. I know collagen helps with that (it’s in cottage cheese, which goes very well on tomato slices with a little balsamic vinegar if you ask me!)

You could always get your doc to refer to you a dermatologist and explore your options. They can probably discuss everything from the facelift and fillers to some creams, face exercises? etc.

Also, you might play around with different makeup. You have a new face now, you can’t make it up the same as you did before, just like you won’t be dressing your body the same any more.

Good luck with all this. I hope you find your perfect solution so you can feel good about all your hard work!

Thank you!
  • saraonly9913
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    Momma always said.....if you can't say nothing nice don't say nuthin' at all.
    Just like the fools who say "why didn't anyone tell me I was fat?" HUH??? You don't own a mirror?!
    I didnt need anyone to tell me I was fat and if you do....back up cause I can unleash like the devil himself!

Highly true!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!