What was your favorite bodyweight routine?

Options
Looking for the best at home bodyweight routine. I have been to the forum about “which lifting program is best for you” and I was curious if anyone has tried the bodyweight ones like nerd fitness or you are your own gym etc. I was doing videos on fitness blender but I was just kind of picking random videos and I feel a program with steps to follow would be better for me.

Replies

• alicia163425
    alicia163425 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Also if anyone could recommend any great yoga for stress reduction that would be great!
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    What's your aim? I mainly use https://litealloy.com/ (old bodyrock workouts) because I like the variation and it's kind of relaxing for me. Doing a similar routine every day to improve a bit is not relaxation nor interesting to me. But then that's my aim. I do get stronger along the way (probably not as quick as with other stuff) but that's not really my goal anyway.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Fitness Blender does have a body weight only program that you can purchase for a very nominal one time fee and you can use it over and over as needed. It's very much an interval training type program but you will get a nice burn on some of the routines.

I've also used the YAYOG program (I'm actually going back to that one now). Its much more strength oriented than the fitness blender program but I saw some really nice gains when I did it a few years ago so now that I'm closer to my goal weight I'm wanting to focus more on strength and muscle than cardio and weight loss.

Both programs require zero equipment (although the FB one does have "optional" equipment needs on some of the exercises so a dumbbell or two wouldn't hurt), but YAYOG requires nothing but some household furniture to complete (a table, some chairs, a door with a door knob on it, etc).

Good luck!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    There are a couple PopSugar yoga videos that I really like. I don't do much bodyweight for strength training, but thought T25 had a good circuit of cardio/strength.
  • julie_broadhead
    julie_broadhead Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    If your willing to pay a little bit, Nia Shanks has a pretty awesome body weight program.
    http://www.niashanks.com/the-beautiful-badass-bodyweight-guide2/
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    For yoga I reccomend yoga with adrienne on youtube :)
  • AnnieLewandowski302
    AnnieLewandowski302 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I really love blogilates. Her workouts don't require any additional equipment and they're all free online! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJwWYOfsCfz6PjxbONYXSg

I also have knock-off TRX over-the-door straps that I use at home. Found them at Aldi a while ago for $15.

Other than that, just running through sets of pushups, jump-squats, lunges, planks, etc.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I recommend You Are Your Own Gym if you are really looking to gain strength. The issue with Fitness blender and other videos is that there is no real program or progression usually. So good for just a general fitness level, but that's it.

I wholeheartedly recommend Yin Yoga for relaxation. Fightmaster Yoga has some good ones on YouTube, but there are plenty by other people if you search.
  • SF4RR15
    SF4RR15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love Popsugar Fitness! They have a Youtube Channel and cover almost all types of workouts. They also have printable versions if you search them on Pintrest or Google