Be my friend??

Options
Hello my name is Cynthia n wen many ppl lo0k at me they dont see what i see its hard 4 them to believe that i weigh so much and its all fat i dont even fit into half my clothes anymore but i hate dieting and exercise bt this site motivates to get in shape and finally go swimming again i havnt swam in 3 years because of how self conscious i feel i jus want to look at myself and finally feel beautiful=) i really want friends too so u guys can keep me motivated especially knowing we are all working towards the same goal and thats y we are here on this site ready to make a change for ourselves=) so friend me friend me friend me!!! =)
-Cynthia

Replies

• Tabby1980
    Tabby1980 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent, hopefully you will find lots of wonderful support, encouragement and motivation on this site :)
  • Ssladick
    Ssladick Posts: 16
    Options
    Request sent. Good luck on your journey!! The support from people here is great!!
  • moefitt
    moefitt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia, saw your post and wanted to respond. no one likes to diet and exercise...it's too much work. people get discouraged when they feel they're not losing weight or don't see it but it's not going to happen overnight...it's a long, drawn out process. you have to be patient but you also have to be diligent...do your exercise even if you don't feel like it...go for the healthier food choices instead of something you KNOW is bad for you, dietwise.
    I'm glad you have a goal of wanting to swim and wanting to "finally feel beautiful=): That really touched me. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you're not. stay on track...don't give up...you can do this.
    Mo
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Will send a friend request Cynthia, well done for deciding what you want to do and going out to get it - you'll get loads of support here, everyone is lovely - and it's all about perception - if you don't feel beautiful then you won't believe it, so good for you for doing what you need to do to feel great, you should be proud x
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynthia,

Have sent a friend request. I know how you feel - I was (and to some extent still am) in the same boat as you.

The people on here are fab and everyone's success is motivation to keep you going

Good luck

Ruth
  • shazzamax11
    Options
    Hi,
    Friend request sent. I'm fairly new here but have made some great friends. Everybody is so supportive. By sticking to the diet and exercise plan you'll be sure to lose weight and everybody here is in the same boat.
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Hi Cynthia, saw your post and wanted to respond. no one likes to diet and exercise...it's too much work. people get discouraged when they feel they're not losing weight or don't see it but it's not going to happen overnight...it's a long, drawn out process. you have to be patient but you also have to be diligent...do your exercise even if you don't feel like it...go for the healthier food choices instead of something you KNOW is bad for you, dietwise.
    I'm glad you have a goal of wanting to swim and wanting to "finally feel beautiful=): That really touched me. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you're not. stay on track...don't give up...you can do this.
    Mo

I agree with this 100%.
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Friend Request Sent!

Remember.... it took a long time for your body to get the way it is now....it while take a while to get it to the way you want it.

But the important thing to remember is you can do it! Don't ever feel overwhelmed and if you do the right things and don't see progress it isn't the end of the world. It just means you most likely gained muscle :)

This place has held me accountable for myself and gave me a few good friends along the way. So I am sure it will work for you too! The only way to lose the fight is to give up! so if you never give up you cant lose!
  • Wendy5832
    Wendy5832 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hi I am new to this too and would like to find friends to go through this transition with me - obviously it is not going to be easy so we just have to be there for each other when we are at our lowest, but remember once we reach our goal it will be all worth while
  • smokesone
    smokesone Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Request sent - enjoy the process - you have already made the biggest change and that is your motivation to become healthy and fit (and lose weight!!!)
  • cynthia6827
    Options
    this might b a lil late bt i jus read ur response to my post n u really touched me n made me feel this really is possible thank u so much n plz check up on me every now and then give me the support and motivation to nt give up n to b the beautiful person that i knw is inside me again thank u sooo much n good luck to u and goal=)
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is the best place to get lots of encouragement and support. Feel free to add me if you want and we can support each other! :flowerforyou:
  • julietsingleton
    julietsingleton Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Mo

I agree with this 100%.

Me too X :flowerforyou:
  • Jade1x
    Jade1x Posts: 166
    Options
    hiya, welcome to MFP. Its a great site and loads of wonderful people to help you on your journey. Just remember you are never alone. Ill send a friend request because you can never have to many friends so consider yourself added :) Im new to this too my second day so if people want to add me ill be gratefull. :flowerforyou:
  • eildtcher
    eildtcher Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello. This is my first day on yet another method of my efforts to stop this yo-yo weight gain. Actually, my Dr. recommended this site. I commented that he looked really good. Now I have to set up my husband so we can be friends.
  • ladysandy
    Options
    Hi' I'm new also,,, friend request on your way! And remember you have done a big step just being here and wanting to it!