Sixers LOVE Yourself Challenge Week 6 (final week)

Options

Replies

• strawberryblonde1
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm still here lurking... School is picking up as I approach test week- Next Friday! The test is 100% of your grade! So needless to say, I will be spending most of my time studying and working out. I will be on to post when I can, especially next week so I can get in on the next challenge!!! I am still doing my a.m. workouts and a p.m. I woke up late yesterday and did 15 mins taebo bootcamp in the a.m. * proud that I STILL got it in *AND later did 2 hours of gym exercises! I did lots of stuff treadmill arc trainer, weights, dancing, spin class-taught by me/attended by me and BF lol- I got a great workout in! Was proud... NOw... RESULTS would be nice!

I :heart: That I was able to bench press 65 pounds yesterday!!! And I did 12 pull ups. *With my BF helping my legs a little. still VERY difficult though!

I hope everyone continues to do well! I read your posts and want to write an individual response to each of you but I MUST study :tongue: :noway: Chat with you LAter Ladies!

WOW! 12 pull ups!!! that is great! Keep up the great workouts and you will definatly see results!!!! Good luck on your exam! :smile:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    gonnabfit- 12 pullups and bench pressing 65lbs, you are my hero! Way to go. I wish I could fit in more workouts. I suppose I could get up MUCH earlier and do the Wii. I will really TRY for that. I am worried about next week, though. My husband is going out of town for nearly a month for an Army school so my time for the gym may be reduced and I personally work out harder at the gym than I do at home on the Wii. However, my Aunt who just lost her husband will be coming to stay with us for part of the time so perhaps I can get her to watch the kiddos while I head to the gym, at least once or twice. I will still have Mondays which are my day off while they are at school. And I could also take them swimming on Saturdays and Sundays.

My :heart: for the day is that I am thankful for my singing voice. It isn't great or anything, but some, FEW, might say it is at least a little above average (as long as you give me the right key, :laugh:).

:flowerforyou: Kge. Don't stress over reduced gym time, it's not ideal but you can work through it... try little 20 min workouts here and there... I like to do abs / strenght training when I am watching tv... during commercials... or wake up 30 minutes early and do a video / wii... possibly if it is nice out go for a walk with the kids or go to the park... otherwise if you know you can't get as much in as you would like just be extra carefull with nutrition! PS. I wish I could sing, even a little :laugh: i think i am one of the worlds worst... :noway: :laugh:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Well I had to take my daughter back to the dr yesterday. Last week she had a real high fever and they gave her a shot of rocephin and then she was doing better. Tuesday she started to run another fever although it wasnt all that high and then it went up yesterday so I took her back in. They tested her and she has the flu. My poor baby. The gym wil have to wait until Monday I guess. I usually like to go outside on the weekends and walk/jog if the weather is nice. I will do my ChaLean when she goes down for a nap and maybe something else also. I will have to see.

BTW... I really hate cleaning ( as long as it means to clean our body and not my house ) Im up for the name LOL.

Connie
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies, I hope to catch up on personals soon! I'm still not feeling well (!!!) and now my husband is out too. Awful! But I'm DETERMINED to whip my nutrition back into shape today and stay within my calories. Brutal. I had some high protein cereal for b/fast - not sure what's next but I'll actually be using my chart again!

TTYL my dears! :flowerforyou:
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Well I had to take my daughter back to the dr yesterday. Last week she had a real high fever and they gave her a shot of rocephin and then she was doing better. Tuesday she started to run another fever although it wasnt all that high and then it went up yesterday so I took her back in. They tested her and she has the flu. My poor baby. The gym wil have to wait until Monday I guess. I usually like to go outside on the weekends and walk/jog if the weather is nice. I will do my ChaLean when she goes down for a nap and maybe something else also. I will have to see.

BTW... I really hate cleaning ( as long as it means to clean our body and not my house ) Im up for the name LOL.

Connie

Connie, I am with you here, LOL! I HATE to clean! But love the name!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    evening ladies....

oh, connie so sorry about the little one. i always hated it when my kids were little and sick. now the grandbadies get to me. hope she feels better soon.

got most of the yard work done today. moved bricks. now these are cemented together anywhere from 2 up to 6. redid the flowerbeds and got the fire pit done in bricks. got the garden area tuned and ready. planted the seeds in there little started pods. my thighs are killing me tonight. both from the workout where bob did lots of lunges, and from lifting the bricks. i am ready for bed once i sit for awhile.
    off to get some ice cream and rest. bed early tonight.

see everyone tomorrow morning....:smile:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Wow Cathy! That yardwork sounds more like a grueling trip to the gym to me. Way to go! Rest well, tonight!

Ladies, I was able to get up and head to the gym early this morning because my husband is off on Thursdays. It was so marvelous! I got to work out for an hour and ten minutes, then shower, then sit in the sauna for just a bit, then off to work. I had so much energy today. Then tonight the fam and I went back to the Y to swim. We only got to go for about 15 mins though because turns out a swim club was using the lap pool tonight. Oh well, think we will head back tomorrow afternoon.

So, Sixers Spring Clean, is that cleaning our bodies out by meeting our water requirements? I love the name!

Good night ladies!
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Katie- I think that is a great idea. I think we should concentrate on getting all of our water, fruits and veggies in this next challenge!
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Oooh Amy, I like that because I am really struggling to get all my water on most days. And I have noticed that on the days that I don't get enough water, I tend to over eat. BTW, how are you feeling?
  • PedalHound
    Options
    alright. A total and complete fail for today, but I've actually planned out my meals again for tomorrow which I know makes all the difference. I'm actually starting to feel a lot better tonight which is amazing - bordering on feeling miraculous - after over 2 weeks of feeling so ****ty. Now to make up for 3 weeks of really horrifyingly bad health choices and to take off the weight I've put on that I can actually SEE! :noway: Take it as a good lesson in how easy it is to creep back to the dark past??

I'm taking my monkeys out to a strings concert at the university's graduate music program tomorrow so we'll be out for a while. Thanks for your patience with me and not getting caught up on personals yet... So much happening!! :heart: :heart: :heart: to all of you!!!
  • katyk08
    katyk08 Posts: 302
    Options
    Hey ladies!

I apologize profusley for my MIA status once again.. things are soo crazy with school and the personal life :blushing: My ex has our daughter every other week, and on the weekends I work, so I am getting alot of "Me" time- it feels like I am actually a real 23 year old without a kid!! Crazy! I miss my baby tons and tons though, and its not like she is with a stranger, its her daddy whom she absolutely adores!!! And when she starts the state funded prek this fall she wont be able to stay with him during the week at all, she will be back with my FT so I can take her to school!

So Ive been making sure to hit the gym- Wednesday was my off day- went to dinner and a movie with 2 close friends..watched "He's just not that into you" Sooo cute! Tonight I have my 2nd date with a guy I went out with about 2 weeks ago- Im REALLY looking forward to it!! So Ive been spending any extra time I have at stores looking for something great to wear! As you all know my fav store in the malls is Express..well I tried on their editor black pants..and the 14s were wayyy too big.. and they run SMALL!! I was sooooo excited. I tried on the 12s..they were a little loose too!!! :noway: I was in disbelief!!! So I get the 10s and try them on..well they fit PERFECT in the waist but were too tight in the legs for me! Im really weird about things being too close fitting now, so I went with the 12s. They fit more comfortably in the legs, though the waist is a tad too big. But I was soo excited!!! Talk about motivation for the gym!!

Weighed this morning and was down to 165.0lbs. Hopefully this will hold til our final check-in!!! Im not working alot this weekend, so I will have time to spend at the gym or at the park if the weather continues to be soo fantastic!!

Well got to get ready for class! I'll do personals tomorrow when I check back!!

Have a fantastic day ladies!!!!!!!!!!!

:heart: :heart: :flowerforyou:

77669.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Options
    Katy - good for you for being down again this morning!! you are truly an inspiration!

As for me, I am still up from last week and even up a little from Tuesday. Grrrr....:grumble:

I don't have a lot of time to chat, but wanted to check in and let you all know that I probably won't be posting this weekend. I'm going skiing with my sister and her husband and his whole family so I'm hoping that I lose a little this weekend what with all the good workouts from skiing!!! :bigsmile:

I will hopefully be reading this weekend but I hope you all have a great few days and I will see you on Tuesday for sure!!!
    :heart:
  • DebLaf
    DebLaf Posts: 248
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies,

Done with mid-terms and I think I did pretty well. Yeah! I'm excited about the new challenge and our weather getting warmer. I must make weight loss my priority to lose the weight for this challenge. I did it before I can do it again. I can't wait to get my bike out again and just start walking outside. The tredmill is nice to have, but I really love to be outdoors.

Laruyn, At least you have not given up, so just keep hanging in there until you get through this difficult time you are going through. I hope you get your tredmill or something to use for exercise. Maybe even a few small weights if you don’t already have them would be a good investment. Good luck on getting re-committed to the healthy lifestyle we are all aiming for.

Connie, How about getting a reverse osmosis system for your house? I hear it cleans all bacteria out of the water.

Tamm, It is exciting and stressful moving and to stay focused on top of all that is a hard thing to do. We will do better next challenge right?

Amylou, Glad to see you are getting right back on track so fast from your little gain. I am at Baker college and they do have a weird system. They have 4 sessions of classes are 10 weeks long, and this is week 5. I will not continue here, but Anatomy & Physiology are tough to get into and this was the only place I could get into the class without waiting another semester.

Katie, It is nice that your aunt is coming to help you out. I’m sure she would want you to take some time to take care of yourself by going to the gym.

Cathy, Good job on the willpower staying away from that cake. I am still so jealous that you can work in your yard right now. I can finally see my grass for the first time in months. And its snowing again this morning, but probably won’t accumulate.

Pedal, It has really been a long time that you have not been feeling well. Bet your glad this is the end of it. Have fun with the kids today.

Katie, You have done a fantastic job at losing weight and all your hard work has paid off (shopping for clothes and getting into a size 10 WOW!!) Have fun on the date.

Have a great Valentines day:love::love: :love:
  • chipper15173
    Options
    morning ladies.....:drinker:
    was heading to the gym this morning, but, woke up so sore in the thighs and lower back. it's from the yard work yesterday and the BL bootcamp dvd. bob had done so many lunges. so i thought it might be best not to do gym, and let the muscle repair, before i start riping them apart again. i might try BL new yoga dvd today. it may help stretch those muscles. going to go buy some protein powder today. i think i might need it. DH says it won't hurt.
    nothing much planned for today. going with shanell tonight to a pampered chef party. love their bamboo spoons. yes, i will ask her where she has been.
    pdx...hows the stones? i do feel a difference in my body. i don't have the little side aches. i feel like i just got over being sick. i feel pretty good. not knowing how sick i was...
    pedal...so glad you are feeling better.
    katy....have fun on your date.
    amylou....have fun sking, don't break a leg. :wink: than you won't be able to work out.

:heart: 's to you guys. off to find something to do. just paid bills, want to head out, but, having trouble with eyes staying open, don't know why. slept good. coffee and soda aren't helping this morning. oh well, later....:smile:
  • KatieEppers
    Options
    Well, I am down one more pound this morning. I am happy with that, but bummed that I am still two pounds away from my goal for this challenge. But, I did have such a fabulous workout yesterday and did pretty darn good with food, too. So for this, I am proud.

Deb, I am with you, so jealous about anyone being able to get outside. I, like you, can finally see a little bit of grass, but there are supposed to be some flurries today. I hope that is all it is. Sometimes when they say flurries, it turns into great big snow banks :ohwell: Can't wait for some fun in the sun! :glasses:

Didn't make it to the gym this morning, I slept instead. But, I should be able to make it this afternoon with no trouble.

I am so proud of all the hard work everyone has done. Katy, I can't wait to slide my size 10s on again, currently in a 12 and they are fitting much better than they were. It will come, I know.

Pedal- so glad you are on the upswing of things.
    Connie- hope your kiddo is better.
    Dr. Tamm-how are you?
    gonabfit- did you get all that studying done?
    Lauryn-how went the reweigh? how are you?
    SBB- glad the workouts are going well
    Kristin-hope you are having a great time
    AmyLou- I have had a bit of that same battle with the scale this week. I remember one night, I got on the scale just before going to bed and it said 173 (which woud be a one pound gain), then when I got up the next morning, and yes, after peeing first, it said 174. Somehow, I gained a pound in my sleep? It will drive you crazy if you let it.
    Amy-hello
    Cathy-you should def take it easy and yes, ask Shanell where she has been, we miss her!

Ok, did I miss anyone? I hope not. If so, I apologize. Have a great day, ladies.
  • chipper15173
    Options
    did my yoga and stretched out my thighs. they feel a little better. burned 200 cals. i only put 200 in my plan anyway. so pleased with that.
    i haven't seen petmybunny on here for awhile. have i missed her somewhere?
    the scale variables are so frustrating. i am a scale junkie and weigh all day long. it was up a pound from yesterday this morning. i have found that the day after a big workout it's always higher. so i am trying something this week. i am not doing a big workout on monday. to see if i weigh lower on tuesday. i will do the gym on another day.

back later....
  • PedalHound
    Options
    Katy, good on you for making the most of your 'me' time! And you continue to amaze and inspire me in your weight loss. Just amazing woman!

Cathy, good idea letting yourself heal before tearing it up again :wink:

AmyLou, have fun skiing this weekend!!

Katie, thanks for the warm words!

gonabfit, I haven't managed to say hi to you yet but HELLO!! Nice to "meet" you - how cool that you and your sister can do this together!

Hi everyone else :smile: Congrats on seeing some losses this morning - that's great! I forgot about weighing in so I'll have to check the damage on Tuesday. Looking forward to a new challenge right along with getting back into the swing of things :happy:

BBL!
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    Morning Ladies. Happy :heart: Day. I can't believe the challange is over! But I am really excited for the next one... I think a focus on water would be GREAT (considering I have so much trouble getting mine in) ... :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    chipper I know how you feel "scale junkie" (love that :smile: ) I use to be much worse I would weigh myself after every meal etc... but now I hide the scale and try to weigh only once a week :laugh: i try to remember that my weight may change 3+ pounds in a day or two because of water ... not that i have really gained 3 lbs... but it is still hard to see a + number :grumble: anyways i guess stick with what ever routine makes you feel good! keep up the great workouts!!!:bigsmile:
    pedal!!! your back! i'm glad you are feeling better, and no worries that weight will come off in no time! :drinker:
    kge. congrats! 1lb is great! no worries you will get to your goal next challenge (i wasn't even close to mine, i didn't factor is this crazy 149/150 rut... but i am down to 148 so i think the worst is over! CONGRATS! :flowerforyou:
    Deb. congrats on mid-terms, I am sure you did great! :flowerforyou:
  • strawberryblonde1
    Options
    ps ladies. i am going to be changing my name... fresh start (silly i know... but it is a mental thing :laugh:) not sure what it will be but i'll let you know!!!! :bigsmile:
  • REDSOXFAN13
    Options
    yeay! new name new motiavtion new challenge. i am ready! (it is ssb) :bigsmile: i'll be gone for the holiday weekend but back on tuesday for the start of the spring clean. :bigsmile: