Looking for cancer survivor friends and support

Options
limshinfeng
limshinfeng Posts: 3 Member
edited April 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I have been in recovery for the past four months and ready to get back to the gym next week. My goal is to lose 30-40 pounds. I used to be a marathon runner and a gym rat but in the past five years,I’ve let my priorities and focus go. I would love some virtual encouragement, cheers, support, and company! If you are a cancer survivor, have been a cheerleader to other cancer survivors, or want to be an ally to someone like me, please send me a friend request! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, in my mid forties, social worker, female, married with children.

Replies

• jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had breast cancer a few years back and I'm currently helping my mom deal with her ovarian cancer diagnosis. I've gained all the weight I lost a few years back, so I'm back here working on getting it off again. I'm also in my mid forties, professor, married, no children.
  • limshinfeng
    limshinfeng Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Jaena (sp?), thank you for writing. I will keep a lookout for your diary entries and will make sure to cheer you on! Your mother is fortunate to have you in her journey. My mom is in her seventh year of remission from colon cancer. She is a fighter.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hello all. Diagnosed with Colin cancer April 2018. Had surgery in May and am waiting to see if chemo will be beneficial. I hope you are doing well. I'm 70 and live in Kent UK