Do your enemies motivate you?

Options
dollhousefit
dollhousefit Posts: 1 Member
I always find it motivating to think of my personal health and my family and the things that i love when trying to motivate myself but when i need a good kick in the butt to get started I think about my rivals. Maybe petty and maybe i shouldnt but boy does it help me break a sweat

Replies

• xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    Enemies? With a family like mine, who needs enemies?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    I make doodles of my enemies in compromising positions with farm animals so.... that shows them.

Hahaha!!
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I believe I motivate my enemies. Anyone who dislikes me is usually in a far worse position than I am ;).....
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I don't have "enemies" nor "rivals."
  • igottagetthisrite
    igottagetthisrite Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I definitely get motivation thinking about what my ex did to me! And honestly it works because I no one day ill see her again and she will see, that everything I said I was going to do I did, and that will be pay back!!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I don't have enemies or rivals, (except a few frenimies at work) but do have people who have hurt me badly

All I think of when I think of them is the hurt they've caused me...no motivation comes, just the hurt, and to be wary

*if and when* I get motivated, to do anything, it's because I'm feeling a fleeting moment of self love
  • SnakeCharmer13
    SnakeCharmer13 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I find myself motivated by thinking of all the negativity my husband sent my way about my body 50 pounds ago.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    x8qNnx
  • gingerdonalds
    gingerdonalds Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I had a falling out with my best friend. I admit that I hope to lose weight before running into her again. She berated my size/body type over the years and it would be nice to finally look smaller than her. I equate it to having an “ex”. You want to show them that you are doing just fine if not better without them.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I don’t have enemies. Life isn’t an episode of Game Of Thrones.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options

Lol...:)
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I don't have enemies or rivals. Gave that silliness up during college. However, I do have siblings and ex-boyfriends/husbands. Depending on my mood, thinking about their reactions to my personal changes can fuel me on when I'm feeling lazy or dejected.

But usually, I just push myself. No one's going to reach my goals for me, so why should they get the credit?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I don't think I have personal enemies or rivals.
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Yeah...but it would be cool to incinerate any with a fire breathing dragon :D
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i don't really have enemies just a bunch of people i would like to push off the cliff. mostly family.. none of it related to bettering myself. i once looked up my ex on facebook. i didn't speak to her but she must of been butt hurt because she put her profile on private which is funny. but yeah it makes me wonder what crawled up her and died
  • mama_shakes
    mama_shakes Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This can be taken in a different way. Sometimes my negative mindset and doubtful thoughts are MY enemies. And darn right they inspire me. I wanna prove those thoughts wrong!! This is my year, for once not giving up on myself. I’m ignoring my “enemies” and not giving them a chance to ruin my goals.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    dwrightlaw wrote: »

Yeah...but it would be cool to incinerate any with a fire breathing dragon :D

Didn't I mention that I had a wife?

:D So very, very kidding lol.