How I lost the weight.

Options
Hello, I am Billy. Stats. 300lbs February 2018 at 6 foot 2. April 5th at 280. I lost weight from 5 things and they are so easy anyone can do it. (Normal disclaimers apply lol) 1. HUGE calorie deficit. (Only if you have 20+ lbs to lose) my total calories needed to stay the same weight is 3376. To lose weight, typically one would want to set it at 2700 calories, however my intake GOAL is set at 2100, however I stay around 1500 to 1800 calories. 2. To stay at such a huge deficit I use the method of intermittent fasting. I fast 16 to 18 hours a day.
3. My body goes into ketosis do to low calorie, intermittent fasting.
4. I work out, lol, no really I am currently using 22 min hard corps on beachbody on demand.
5. This is the most MOST ESSENTIAL!!! EATING THE right foods. If your ancestors don't know what it is then you will not eat that or drink that. (I believe in 1 cheat MEAL not day BUT MEAL a week.)[i.e. I will have subway 3 cookies and diet root beer and that is all I eat for the day nothing else].anyways if you would like to see what I eat or need me to get your your macro nutrient goals and caloric goal let me know I will gladly help.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Simple=/= easy, and your plan isn't even simple.
  • thebcraig6881
    thebcraig6881 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am sorry it seems not simple in your view. However never say you can't do something, I believe in you and all you need to say is, I currently struggle with. Give what I have stated a try before saying it is not simple. I believe in you and all your aspirations in life.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    You think eating 600 calories is enough for the whole day?
  • thebcraig6881
    Options
    No no no, the cookies alone were 600 calories. I also had the sub sandwhich. In that day I ate 1875 calories.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food diary ... glad your method has worked for you these past 2 months, and that you have lost 20 pounds. Gotta say though, I don't believe you are ever in ketosis as you think you are ... you go out of ketosis as soon as you feed your body enough carbs or protein to replenish any glycogen depletion that you may be experiencing ... Still ... if what you are doing works for you ... then that's fine. And, if you can keep that up until your reach your goal weight, then that's even better.
  • thebcraig6881
    Options
    Hey thank you for your reply and I will definitely do more research on being in ketosis. I feel as if I can go in and out of ketosis quickly due to me being so big. As I lose weight I am thinking it will get harder. Maybe I am not full in ketosis but I do get and have that sweet weird smell of the breath and can smell it when I sweat. I appreciate the insite and will do more research for sure. Can you share how you have lost weight and they steps you have taken? I would love to hear and see what worked for you :D
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Hey thank you for your reply and I will definitely do more research on being in ketosis. I feel as if I can go in and out of ketosis quickly due to me being so big. As I lose weight I am thinking it will get harder. Maybe I am not full in ketosis but I do get and have that sweet weird smell of the breath and can smell it when I sweat. I appreciate the insite and will do more research for sure. Can you share how you have lost weight and they steps you have taken? I would love to hear and see what worked for you :D

I definitely wasn't in ketosis to lose weight.

To lose weight, I ate at a small calorie deficit. I pay attention to macros because I like to know I'm getting sufficient protein and fat, and I lift weights because that's the exercise I enjoy and it has the bonus of helping muscle retention.

The end.