HUNGER!!

Options
2»

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    ITUSGirl51 wrote: »
    I’m thinking over exercising can make me unbearably hungry. I do moderate exercise with weight training for about an hour a day and haven’t taken a break in about two weeks. I eat all my exercise calories back (based on my Apple Watch exercise calories).

I was so hungry last week I was in tears a few times, so afraid my body just wants me fat and is going to force me to overeat. I only had a 300-400 calorie deficit, so I shouldn’t be that hungry!

Exhausted and starving I forced myself to take a break from exercise Friday and the hunger was still there, but not as intense. I decided to take off yesterday too and the desperate hunger is gone. I had no extra exercise calories to eat on those break days and I was okay.

A new lesson learned for maintenance is that if my hunger gets too bad, take time off from exercise and it will be better.

that's different for me. heavy weight training blunts my hunger for hours.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Definitely add more fat and be care of the carbs. Leptin issues are real.

When I switched to maintenance (the last time) I just switched out my low-cal, fat free, or "diet" versions of foods for their full-fat counterparts to add more calories in without having to change up the foods I ate. Made it easier and kept me (sort of) on track.