Can’t stick to my 1200/1300 plan. sugar addict and I start to binge if I have a slip . Tips & advice

Options
2»

Replies

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Change your goal to lose .5 lb a week. 1300 might be okay if you are sedentary without exercise. If you are lightly active 1500 would probably be better. What you could do is log what you would normally eat and see how many calories that is and subtract 250 from that to get a deficit to lose .5 lb a week. 250 calories might be skipping just one thing per day or having a lower calorie version instead of changing your diet a bunch.
    With MFP if you exercise you are supposed to log it and eat some of the calories.
    Start with the MFP default macros but see how you feel and take notes. I seem to do fine with the default protein but go a little over with fat and a little less carb.
    Look up lower calorie sweets you could enjoy. Not everything is a calorie bomb.
    Prelog food. Plan a reasonable portion of chocolate or wine and savor it slowly. Really notice the flovors and textures as you consume it. Maybe set a timer and see how long you can make your serving last.
    Only buy small quantities of the items you have trouble moderating or only eat them away from home. That is another way to practice moderation.
    I very rarely drink my calories as I find that unsatisfying. Other people fit in wine, beer, smoothies, etc regularly but I'd rather have more food.
  • susanpiper57
    susanpiper57 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, and was set up for a 1200 calorie day as well. I went from about 140 to 115, and seemed to do best with eating clean with treats in moderation (including whole grain breads and other carby foods) and finishing the day with 1500-1600 calories. 1200 didn't work well for me and my activity level. As mazdauk suggested, I also will "earn" treats with exercise sometimes too. Pregnant right now, and gaining on schedule, but I plan on going back to that plan when I'm ready to lose weight again. Dont' beat yourself up for any mistakes, but you may do best with clearing any junk or trigger foods out of your house. Good luck with your journey!
  • ZeinaMJ
    ZeinaMJ Posts: 8 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Thank you all for your answers ,I took a tip from every one of you that would help me achieve my goal better . Combining healthy clean eating with small treats so I don’t feel deprived . I’m trying to get accustomed to the idea of 1500 calorie per day and I already started as of today .. hoping for the best . Thank you for your support :smile:
  • DorothyM11
    DorothyM11 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was chowing down on cookies at night. Weirdly specific, but I have an adult son with autism who I hang out with at night. He needs to gain weight! So I buy the cookies he likes, and you guessed it, who eats them? I have gained back almost all the weight I lost doing this the first time. I had a really good week. I grabbed a bag of cutie tangerines and I'm finding they satisfy the sweet craving. I'm still going over on my sugar grams, but staying within my calories. Just an idea.