some advice is needed

Options
Hi all. So I started Fitness Pal this month (March) and I lost weight in the beginning, but some how now I'm stagnant (already? ) is this possible? I stood at the same weight almost three weeks straight. Whereas I was consistently losing .2 every day. I stick to my 1200 calories, some days a bit over and some days a bit under. Is this normal? I came off of Weight watchers because basically it took me one week to lose what I was losing on FP. Feeling discouraged (already?)

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    So you started this month and you haven't lost any weight for three weeks?

How much weight did you lose in the beginning? Have you recently begun exercising?
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You have to log food intake correctly (use a food scale), consistently (not exceed your calorie limit on average), weight loss can't be measured from day to day, you can lose faster when you have a lot to lose, so be patient and accurate.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Up and down on the scale week to week is the usual experience. And women who are menstruating will likely notice a gain of a few pounds or even more one week a month that flushes off. Just keep doing what you are doing, and look for trends. Some people use a trend weight app to capture this data and others of us just notice that weight is consistently coming off if you look at months and not just weeks.
  • KathyWhite3
    KathyWhite3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for helping. I will try to answer in this email. I walk a lot, take over 10,000 steps a day. I also am trying to get to the gym but can only commit to Saturdays and on that day, I run and earn at 400 calories, which I do not use for food. I am accurate in measuring my food intake with my scale. I started this month on Fitness Pal because I didn't like the new weight watchers plan, and consistently was losing .2 to .4 each day and now this past 2 and 1/2 weeks I keep fluctuating up .4 down .4 etc and can't break this one number on the scale. I don't measure myself, because I prefer the scale. I weigh myself everyday. I eat clean basically, don't eat red meats at all or pork etc. and drink enough water throughout the day.
  • KathyWhite3
    Options
    Also I'm 58 years old and I know that it this age, losing weight is harder
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Do you mind opening up your diary? If you aren't losing on 1200 gross calories (and you should be eating those exercise calories back) then there may be an issue that is causing you to eat more than you think.
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Also I'm 58 years old and I know that it this age, losing weight is harder

Don't worry about this part, my experience is that "age" is not as big a deal as you would think. 61 here and just lost what I needed to, working on maintaining now. The graph (I weigh daily like you) goes up and down and up and down, 2 pounds not uncommon. Trend is down, but I have stalled for 2-3 weeks along the way several times.

Any possible cheat shows up, usually 3-5 days later :)

Patience, weighing and tight logging and careful selections from the database, patience, and look at the trend not the daily "reward" of a loss, and patience...

Good luck!
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Measurements besides the scale will help. As will progress pics. Some times the number on the scale isn't changing while other things are, and it's helpful to see progress in places other than the scale.

Weight loss takes time. You're not going to see consistent change every single day. There are many things that impact it. I started a new exercise program this week and put on 4lbs of water weight that is taking it's sweet time, but I know I'm in a deficit and it's my body taking care of itself. You just have to be patient and trust the process
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Coming to MFP from WW makes me wonder if you are tracking EVERYTHING I mean items like gum, omega 3, fiber, weighing your fruits and vegetables etc,etc there’s nothing “free” here! Because that can make a HUGE difference ;)
  • KathyWhite3
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Very helpful