My first NSV - Please share yours, too!

Options
2»

Replies

• av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    I feel the "pain" of wearing clothes that slide down when not held. I wore a outfit to the mall the other day to try and find some clothes for my daughter.
    By the time I got into one store I felt that my dress was falling off and instead of finding clothes for my daughter I had to find something new for me to wear so I could feel comfortable.
    I was afraid I might flash someone a little too much if I continued to wear that dress....lol
  • giaciccone
    giaciccone Posts: 257
    Options
    GREAT NSV stories, everyone!
    I'm really enjoying all of them & happy that I now have one too!
  • jamesdelong
    jamesdelong Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My NSV was definitely a confidence booster. I'm getting asked more and more by acquaintances if I'm single or not.

Also, while at work a few people started complimenting me on my weight loss asking me what am I doing and how am I eating/working out.

I'm no personal trainer, I told them I started to change up my eating habits, use MFP, and put on my running shoes and just go out there and workout or run whether I want to or not. That's all to it.
  • joi1407
    joi1407 Posts: 79
    Options
    my hip bones are re-appearing :)
  • RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That must have felt great :) Time to go shopping, then?
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    This is one I wrote a while ago, so here it is again...
    So, yesterday I entered Fashion Bug with my daughter. I went to the first rack by the door since I am a bargain shopper and it had a sign for 50% off or something like that. I was looking throught the shirts, not finding anything my size. My mind was elsewhere while I was sifting through clothes. After a minute or so at the rack, the saleslady came over to me and said, "Ma'am, I don't want to tell you not to look at those, but the Misses section is over there..." (I was looking at extra large items, without thinking about it. )

She even referred to me as "thin" or "skinny" or some such word! I know I have lost weight. I know I wear a size 8 or 10 now, not an 18, but sometimes, I just feel the same as I did before and I don't think of myself as being different than before. How encouraging were the words of the saleslady! Sometimes we need those reminders that others see us as "small" or "thin".

I just LOVE this story! That's terrific!

My first NSV was running 6.5 miles without stopping, even after running/jogging off and on for 12 years -- I had never gotten past 4 miles before! My second big one was yesterday. I had to safety pin a skirt so it wouldn't fall off me (a skirt that had been tight only about 6 months ago).

I LOOOOOVE NSVs.
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    OOOHHHH, THANK YOU.

I had to ask that one a month in -- I was completely lost! :}
    Once you know you think "Oooh, cool. No wonder everyone gets so excited about them!!"
  • ruthkennedy
    ruthkennedy Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This made me smile - last night I was coming out of the gym and a guy let me past on the stairs, when I said thanks his reply was that he'd only done it so he could look at my bum. Never before has anyone said that to me.

Might have been a bit cheeky but it made me smile and now I know my efforts are going towards the right areas - either that or he likes girls with a slightly larger bottom
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    My first NSV was one nite before bed time my hubby & I were laying in bed & you know how when you lie on you back everything goes to the sides when you have weight on you.lol well I was holding him that evening and as he stroked my tummy area, he said "OMG what is that," and I said "what is what" he said " you have something popping out of your side area" i said " dummy that is my RIB CAGE hello everyone has one" that wa very nice to be able to feel my bones again...not only that it is nice to stand and look down & see my feet..I gots to go get a pedicure though...that is my nex treat if I lose another 2 lbs..I luuv treating myself..
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    My wrists are re-appearing and my wedding ring is too big!! :D I probably ought to get that fixed though.. don't want to lose it.
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    This made me smile - last night I was coming out of the gym and a guy let me past on the stairs, when I said thanks his reply was that he'd only done it so he could look at my bum. Never before has anyone said that to me.

Might have been a bit cheeky but it made me smile and now I know my efforts are going towards the right areas - either that or he likes girls with a slightly larger bottom

That is definately an exciting feeling.. i luv thos moments too, however my hubby not so much that is when he turns and holds me a little tighter. men & their jealousy...lol
  • 33runnergirl
    33runnergirl Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing my way too big pants for several weeks now. I was hoping to go down one more size before I went shopping but I finally broke down and bought two new pairs of work pants. Suddenly everyone at work started noticing my weight loss, guess it had been hiding under my huge pants!!
  • PJS323
    PJS323 Posts: 115
    Options
    Fantastic job!! My favorite nsv was going to Lane Bryant a few months ago looking for shorts, and the sales clerk asked if she could help. I told her what I was looking for & she said, "Honey, this is a plus size store, you won't fit in anything here." And she was right. I went to my car and cried. I remember when 22's from Lane Bryant were tight. Yesterday I bought a size 10 cargo pants from Kohls. In 10 months I went from a tight 22 to a 10.

I still struggle with self perception. I don't see what others see. Do you struggle with that?

Keep up the good work!!!
  • giaciccone
    Options
    That must have felt great :) Time to go shopping, then?
    I definitely think so! :)
  • giaciccone
    Options
    Fantastic job!! My favorite nsv was going to Lane Bryant a few months ago looking for shorts, and the sales clerk asked if she could help. I told her what I was looking for & she said, "Honey, this is a plus size store, you won't fit in anything here." And she was right. I went to my car and cried. I remember when 22's from Lane Bryant were tight. Yesterday I bought a size 10 cargo pants from Kohls. In 10 months I went from a tight 22 to a 10.

I still struggle with self perception. I don't see what others see. Do you struggle with that?

Keep up the good work!!!

What a great feeling! Size 10! I can't wait. I'm only 1 size away!
    Self perception is a big one for me, too. I feel like I don't see what my family sees. Sometimes I feel like my family is just SAYING these things to be nice to me or keep me motivated. Every once in a while I'll put on a shirt or a pair of pants though & I'll just be like... OH! I can see it! There it is! There's my weight loss! Other days I'll be like... man, I can't even tell.

It's tricky, but I try to keep my head up even if I can't really see it all the time.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!