Need motivation 100+ lbs to lose!

I'm currently on WW plan but finding it very hard to keep to plan. I need to loose around 100lbs but am starting off with smaller goals. I need all the motivation I can get so add me if you need motivation.too.

Replies

• vartua
    vartua Posts: 6 Member
    Good luck. It is possible! you are absolutely right by starting off with small goals. Before you know it, those small goals will be turning into big goals. Consistency is key.
  • violette75
    violette75 Posts: 7 Member
    Motivation comes from within, so you either want to lose weight, or you don't. Sticking to plan is another issue. First you have to have a plan that is possible to stick to, and preferably something you want to stick to. Then you decide to stick to it, and stick to it. I have found MFP a great help.

Thank you. I'm gonna give MFP a good go
  • violette75
    vartua wrote: »
    Good luck. It is possible! you are absolutely right by starting off with small goals. Before you know it, those small goals will be turning into big goals. Consistency is key.

Thank you Vartua
  • pennypudding1
    pennypudding1 Posts: 1 Member
    I have a lot to lose too and am doing SW but not very well.... I’ve just read an article in a mag from Lisa Reilly who has lost 12stone - she doesn’t hold any punches, so I’ve cut it out and decided to make a journal and stick motivational articles and photos in it. Plus I’ve made a ‘to do’ list, like plan meals, drink water and log everything I eat, not just the good stuff but the bad stuff too. Happy to be your MFP motivating buddy? Xx
  • violette75
    Yeah Lisa Reilly has done amazing and all by herself. I just don't think SW or WW work in the long run, I'm not following it very well.
    I've sent you a friend's request, the more like minded people that help motivate me the better
  • IceQueenThaws
    IceQueenThaws Posts: 27 Member
    I'm also in the 100+ to lose group; just started two weeks ago. My brain is different this time. I'm doing this for all the right reasons.
  • itsgood
    itsgood Posts: 85 Member
    I can relate...something around 100 to lose but taking it 10 pounds at a time...I've lost 20 so far (since mid January). Not on a specific plan, rather, I see this as a lifelong habit and I know (for myself) I need to be able to approach food without lots of rules and restrictions. I'm concentrating on CICO, knowing I need a sustained deficit to lose. I'm tracking everything to keep accountable but also to stay in control...I need to be accurate, and it's amazing how some things add up!!! At this point I feel very empowered...meal planning, lots of fruits and vegetables, lean protein, careful about starchy foods, plenty of water (had to force that issue at first!) I haven't been hungry, definitely not deprived, and in general I just feel better, and that's worth everything!
    Stick with it! When you feel discouraged, remember why you started...you WANT this!
  • amh927
    amh927 Posts: 33 Member
    I give myself a small reward every 10 lbs. Not food related. I buy new clothes to visually see the impact of my weight loss. I also tell my husband all about where I'm at, like this is the lowest weight I've been since I had my first child. I'm about 35 lbs down from my starting weight and 44 lbs from my highest weight. Its slowed down a bit now and I'm trying to make it permanent. In the beginning I was "I want to lose x lbs in x time" and realize now that it's not safe or realistic to say that for me. I'm now setting goals on eating healthy and exercising to lead to my weight loss.
  • Kmp553
    Kmp553 Posts: 16 Member
    Hello!! You can add me as a friend. Don't know how to go about doing it myself.

I am new to mfp and I have about 103 lbs to lose. I could use some friends I'm doing this all by myself and it'd be nice to to learn more about other people what they are struggling with and what they've have overcome and we can share stories and support each other.
    I am truly motivated to get this weight off and I just really don't want to do it by myself.
  • habeebty
    habeebty Posts: 2 Member
    I am new to this, so don't know how to add anyone. I am trying to make a life change and get myself healthy. I have around 120lbs to lose. Would love to have others to help share and inspire my motivation.
  • teresak92
    teresak92 Posts: 3 Member
    I also have 100 to lose i would love to follow you in your journey i know its hard i just started 2 weeks ago im down 10lbs
  • violette75
    amh927 wrote: »
    I give myself a small reward every 10 lbs. Not food related. I buy new clothes to visually see the impact of my weight loss. I also tell my husband all about where I'm at, like this is the lowest weight I've been since I had my first child. I'm about 35 lbs down from my starting weight and 44 lbs from my highest weight. Its slowed down a bit now and I'm trying to make it permanent. In the beginning I was "I want to lose x lbs in x time" and realize now that it's not safe or realistic to say that for me. I'm now setting goals on eating healthy and exercising to lead to my weight loss.

That's such a great idea, 10lbs is more realistic
  • MissSass2
    MissSass2 Posts: 29 Member
    Looking for motivation and support. Need to loose 100 Plus pounds myself! Started a little over a year ago. Lost 40 for my cruise last October. Stopped MFP and gained 14 back. Now back and on track to loose more for my next cruise and finally get back to a healthy weight! I dropped from size 24w to 18/20W. Dropping clothes sizes is a big motivator for me!
  • Jillmoi
    Jillmoi Posts: 4 Member
    I like the 10lb treat idea, consider that stolen!
  • iWishMyNameWasRebel
    iWishMyNameWasRebel Posts: 174 Member
    Oh, for folks who aren't sure how to add as friends, click on the "name" of the person you want to friend until you get to their profile (usually two times) and then you should see an option to "add as friend" and also to send a message along with your friend request so they have a clue who you might be.
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    I'm in the lose 100 pound weight loss group too and would love more friends.
  • jayneyMat
    jayneyMat Posts: 8 Member
    I have recently joined but just found this site... what a motivational way to start my journey!
    Thank you & Good luck all