SCALE

Options
Has anyone ditched the scale and had good results without it? Feel better without it? I have tried a MILLION times to get rid of it but I have a hard time. Any tips/ tricks to make it easier??

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Food or body weight scale? I love them both. Food scale for calorie creep and body weight scale to keep my maintenance weight in cheque.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    I had a period in early weight loss where I didn't much like my body weight scale. That was a direct result of my having gotten myself 70 pounds overweight. I accidentally spilled water on my scale and it broke it. So for the next six months the only time I could weigh myself was at the gym or the doctor's.

That just gave me the incentive to tighten up my food and food logging.

You don't need a body weight scale, but now that I'm at maintenance weight I step on it almost daily. I don't want that body-weight creep to happen. For that matter I use a digital food scale for every meal, too.
  • SF4RR15
    SF4RR15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself MULTIPLE times a day and I HATE it. It just makes me sad. There is a few things left from my eating disorder that I cant shake. I weigh myself after every meal and then beat myself up. Ive had my husband hide it on me but that only makes me stress more :(
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Ditch the scale and go by how your clothes fit <3
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Nope that won't me happening for me...it was not getting on the scales that was my downfall as I ignored all signs of getting bigger and bigger. Been at maintenance now almost 5 years and I intend to keep regularly weighing myself to stop any would be weight creep.
  • DeniseMayree
    DeniseMayree Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I understand, I religiously weigh myself every morning within 5 minutes of waking up. It is an addiction and it is very hard to break. Sad thing is I am never happy. A pound lost is not enough, maintaining is a failure and of course gaining is reason for a meltdown... So I agree, lose the scale, if you are capable.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    SF4RR15 wrote: »
    I weigh myself MULTIPLE times a day and I HATE it. It just makes me sad. There is a few things left from my eating disorder that I cant shake. I weigh myself after every meal and then beat myself up. Ive had my husband hide it on me but that only makes me stress more :(

Okay, well this is reason for therapy, not denial.

I mean you know it's anxiety-based and you obviously need to work on coping skills for life.

Weighing after every meal is pointless. That's anxiety based. Being sad about a real number, that's anxiety based.

Get to the root of your anxiety and this puzzle solves itself.

• SF4RR15
    SF4RR15 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really truly have a lot to work on. There is a lot of underlying issues, past issues, and all that stuff. I know I have to make a change to be happy, and acknowledging is the first step right??
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Absolutely! You're on the right path. :)
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    <3