Never Married 40 and have a 100 + pounds to lose

Options
Wow as i put that out there, makes me wonder if there are any others out there in a similar situation, that is single, around 40 and hoping that being more physically attractive will attract others to me. I will never know unless I try. This is not my only reason for losing weight, my knees are killing me as I go down steps. Ug. I raise my cup and give CHEERS to all those attempting weight loss. :flowerforyou:

SW 273
CW 255
GW 140

Replies

• Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Have positive thoughts, and KNOW it can be done. I started at 284, and am now down to 160 give or take a few lbs.
    It's hard work, but amazing what dedication and healthy choices can do!
  • turbofiregirl
    Options
    Well, i sail in the same boat as yours, but the only difference is, I am 28. But nevertheless, I am doing the weight loss for vanity purpose + fitness as well. I wish you the very best in your weight loss journey. This is a great place and you will see results soon.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Cheers to you too!! I'm 49 & happily married for nearly 27 years.

Good luck on achieving your goal.....MFP is a fab support network

Sue xxx
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Good luck. You and I have about the same SW and GW. It's a lot to do and think about. Try to think about it as making you healthier and maybe finding someone will be an added bonus from that. Sometimes when you're looking for something too hard you seem to always miss it. I wish you brightest blessings!
  • jaunelle
    jaunelle Posts: 10
    Options
    I am SO proud of you for trying! God bless you. Message me anytime!
  • jaunelle
    Options
    You go girl!
  • prettyash76
    Options
    I'm 35 and single, never married and I do think think that being overweight can have effect on meeting a handsome man sometimes, but not all the time because there are a lot of overweight women who are married, but speaking for myself I am seeing more men looking at me since I am losing weight and getting in shape.
  • jaunelle
    Options
    Good luck! Have positive thoughts, and KNOW it can be done. I started at 284, and am now down to 160 give or take a few lbs.
    You go girl!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I already have a completely different outlook on eating and exercise. I love it!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    I think losing weight may attrice more people but it's the positive attitude you have that will keep them interested. make this journey about you and how you feel about yourself and i bet the rest will fall into place. Best of luck to you. If you need friends feel free to add me :)
  • aourose
    aourose Posts: 2
    Options
    good luck
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    well, don't worry about the being married part, that will either come or it won't.

Trust me, being married, like most things in this world is overatted!

I'm very in love with my wife and for the better part of 12 years have shared everything with her, its been a great ride, but being married is not the end all be all, and it should not be something you feel you "need" to do.

it is not the 1950's anymore!

good luck!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Good for you for starting this journey! Do it for you first or you won't stick to it. The man for you will come along. Take one step at a time and celebrate your achievements along the way. Take advantage of the friends on MFP. It's amazing how strangers can keep you motivated and encouraged because of our shared goals. I wish you all the best on your journey :)
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend when I was at my heaviest, he stayed with me through my whole journey. Proposed along the way, got married, and now I look like a whole different person, and he loves me still the same way: Unconditionally. A man shouldn't just love you if you're thin. If he's "The One" it shouldn't matter. Be strong, be confident, and he'll come along! <3
  • flpjck
    flpjck Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Those of us who have been married and divorced wish we didn't have our past as "baggage" when trying to get on with our lives.

But I know I can't change that, and one of the very few things that is actually in my control is my eating and exercise habits, so that's what I'm working on. Good luck to you.
  • neyes67
    neyes67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You can do it! ...Go For It! Do it for you and trust me others will notice. I'm soon to be 44, single with no kids and happy to say I'm 41 pounds down as of today. Making the choice to take care of YOU 1st is the greatest gift you can give yourself. Making healthier choices can only bring healthy attention from those who notice. Best Wishes on your journey... YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • cherokeetracey
    Options

thats fantastic.....im starting at 286lbs so i am hoping to follow suit and loose 100+lbs.
    Well done xx
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    You gotta be able to love yourself before any else can really love you. If that means you lose weight in order to finally let the real you shine, then so be it. Just remember not to put your life on hold. There will always be reasons to keep waiting to jump in. Before you know it, the time will be gone and you'll be left with naught but regrets and "could have"s. Love yourself and let yourself live NOW. When you let yourself be free, things will fall into place.

Good luck on your weight loss!!

Also
    Trust me, being married, like most things in this world is overrated!

Ain't THAT the truth! It's not all rainbows and puppies.